AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I have two questions.

1. If I cancel an existing email address linked to an adwords account Can I add that email address to another existing adwords account? I want all of my email addresses linked to one adwords account for easier access.
  2.  Next, I have an old user name that I'd like to have deleted from my account. The username is classifed in my google account as an "other associated username". I no longer use this name and do not plan on using it in the future.

Thanks VP

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Email accounts are always a tricky area.

1. I believe so, yes.

2. What do you mean username? AdWords doesn't have usernames does it? Do you mean users with access to your Adwords account? You manage your account users from the my preferences tab, I can't think what else you mean?

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

If I recall correctly, once an email is linked to an account, it cannot be linked again to another account; (even if the original account is closed - that happened to me once)

To follow with Jack on second parא: I am not familiar with access level of "another associated username"

See the following article on access levels:

Share and manage levels of account access

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the quick response. What I guess I'm trying to say is, I have 2 Google Accounts and I only want to use one to access all of my Analytics/Reports.. One of the accounts does not have an Analytics ID#, but it has an Adwords ID#. This is the account I want to close and add to my other existing account which has an Analytics ID# and an Adwords ID#. Changing from one account to another to manage my information is tedious and confusing because I can't keep up with everything I'm doing that way.

I also just realized, I created an adwords community forum account under the same adwords account I want to delete. =(, so now I cannot register this username under this forum or any other forum in google, shucks... When I say username, I'm referring to the user id I set up for my mail accounts which are linked to other Google Tools, such as adwords, etc...

Are you sure I can't delete an existing adwords account under my email user id and then link the same id under the account I want to use?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. Yes, I guess you could say that. I just want to be able to access all of my analytics, adwords etc.. to one account. But I don't want to delete the adwords account only to find out the name I was using under this account cannot be used with the adwords account I want to use.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Well...I am a bit lost with the structure of the accounts you created;...Smiley Surprised

What I would say is just that. Having more than one account by the same owner (=business ) is a serious violation of the double serving section of the Policy;

If you do not cancel one of them ASAP, sooner or later you will be suspended;

read more:

Double serving

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’