AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Account suspended for 'get rich quick' back in 2008

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Back in 2008 I opened adwords account I deposited $10 into the account to activate it I created an ad as an affiliate for a internet marketing company called wealthy affiliate. Actually I did this for a roommate but it was under my name so I'm the one who gets screwed I get that part. also it should be noted that account hasn't been used since july 8 2008 if you check my status under this all you will see is "No activity for this date range".

My issue developed recently when started running my own campaign in a new adwords account and then yesterday I was greeted with the message "Your Google AdWords account has been suspended for violation of Google's Advertising Policies in this or a related account".

The credit card on the July 2008 account was reported stolen which is something I'd rather not talk about here and also the ad never ran on google is there any way I can get reinstated because I'm no longer in the "make money online" niche nor am I trying to market on google adwords as an affiliate for someone elses company.

Is there any hope in me getting reinstated by Adwords? or is it just time for me to move on?

I was reading about the 'get rich quick' niche and from what I read people who get suspended never get back on however I feel my situation is unique and I'm hoping I won't have to request google adwords for a refund because I was just starting to have fun with pay per click marketing. Again...

Is there any hope in me getting reinstated by Adwords? or is it just time for me to move on? I fear the answers to my questionsSmiley EmbarassedSmiley FrustratedSmiley Sad

Spoiler

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Travis R
September 2015

Re: Adwords Account suspended for 'get rich quick' back in 2008

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Travis, 

I've passed your issue to the AdWords support team. Somebody will contact you direct to help you with your suspension questions.

Thanks,

Zee
G+

Re: Adwords Account suspended for 'get rich quick' back in 2008

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your assistance Zee!