AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Account Suspended, Would Like it Unsuspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My adwords account was suspended today, and I never received any of the warning emails I was supposed to receive.  The first and only email stated that my "Google AdWords account does not comply with our Terms of Service and Advertising Policies."

Now I believe the only reason this could happen is that about a week ago I created a few ads for a site I had that I assume violated Google's policies, involving getting more facebook likes, youtube views, etc.  I had seen many similar ads running on Google and didn't think it really violated any policies, but I guess this was wrong.  As soon as I saw that the ads had been disapproved I deleted them and did not create new ones.  The site in question doesn't even exist anymore.

Besides that I had a few (literally no more than 3) very minor instances where ads I created weren't exactly up to par with Google standards.  For example, one had a word that was in all capitals; another ad had the word "fake" in it, but it was not related to any fake products, instead it was about funny hoax videos.  Regardless, I promptly made the minor changes to the ads as per Google's suggestions and they were approved and began running.

The only other ads I had run and would continue to run are for my youtube channel.  The content on the channel is 100% my own and does not violate any content policies, and nor should the ads.  I've spent a lot on ads and would continue to, and I would really rather my adwords account be reinstated.  I'm not any type of liability.  I've adwords support already with an appeal, but what are my real odds of having my appeal accepted?  I strongly believe that my suspension was wrong, because at the time of suspension I was only running ads that had been approved for weeks no problem.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Account Suspended, Would Like it Unsuspended

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI Angstrom

I can see from your post that you already realise why this has happened eg you have stated you are aware you have broken policies such as the social interaction incentives policy, capitalisation policy etc. Only Google can decide if they will lift the suspension. You have stated that you did not receive any warning, please read 'about suspended accounts'. It states that if they deem your violations as serious enough they can and will suspend your account without warning. It also states that with advertising policy violation and landing page and site violations they generally dont accept advertising from the person any more (but like I said, you have appealed and the decision is completely up to them)

I wish you the best of luck, I hope moving forward you get the result you want with your appeal Smiley Happy

Best regards

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Angstrom welcome to our community;

Ads disapproved usually do not result in account suspension (unless it is a repeated /reduplicated one). When the violation in ad text is fixed, you can re-submit it for approval,

Is seems that there is another reason that led to your account suspension.

What is your destination URL?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well I didn't realize it was in violation until the ads were suspended.  I've since deleted the site completely.  I received a response from Google basically saying what I expected; the site was the reason for the suspension and deleting the campaigns and ads wouldn't have done anything.  

Since then I've actually deleted the site, because it doesn't mean much to me anyway.  One thing I was curious about though is that when searching for similar cases, many people mention "permanent suspensions." (Their email said they were permanently suspended, as well as the notification in their adwords account saying so).  As far as I can tell, unless google changed the term suspension to always mean permanent now, my account wasn't "permanently" suspended.  Now the only reason I think this is because they never used the word "permanent" and in the response they didn't say there was nothing I could do, or that the decision was final.  I responded asking if there was anything I could do, telling them I've already deleted the account.

Am I correct to figure that there are multiple types of suspension? One permanent vs non-permanent?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Angstrom;

I wish you were right; for the exact cases like yours

Unfortunately ; As the following video by Google explains, there is only one meaning for the term "suspension": suspension is permanent, and forever.

I have seen many cases like yours where I thought Google should have reconsidered / revisited the case, and should have given the advertiser a second chance. Google's position is hard and firm.... Smiley Sad

I am really sorry that I cannot be helpful Smiley Sad

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I spoke with an adwords representative over the phone through the toll free number.  He said that he didn't really see any signs of spam, since my site was declared as using "spam techniques."  Also I had fixed the issue by deleting the website altogether.  He said he would escalate the ticket and see about getting my account unsuspended.  I guess I'll just have to wait for a final decision.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Angstrom;

This is interesting; Please keep us posted when the review process is completed.

Can you post your URL here, so we can have a look?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Very sorry for the promotion there Mosh.

I can't seem to find the remove button, so I thought I'd edit it. Smiley Happy

Best of luck Angstrom

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

FreshWebSEO;

Please remove your post;

This community does NOT promote / endorse any tactic / strategy or techniques, aimed to bypass / "workaround" Google's Policy. Neither we allow self promotion of your business.

Thank you!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Google won't reward the reconsideration request unless you bring the old URL (with the wrong content) alive again, and now make it completly according to the rules.