AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adwords Account Suspended - Unable to Verify Billing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I logged in to my AdWords account this morning and noticed a message that: "Your Google AdWords account has been suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified."

I also received an email that stated: "We periodically review accounts for security purposes and to verify billing information. As a result of this review, your account and any related accounts have been suspended, and your ads are no longer running on Google. If you believe your account was suspended in error, please contact us through the AdWords Help Center."

This is all very odd to me. I double checked my payment information and everything appears to be correct. My bank also confirmed that they have not denied any charges from Google. I tried calling, but when I enter my account ID their phone system sends me to a recording that my account was suspended, and I'm unable to contact a human being to figure out what this issue is. When I try the chat function, it just sends me to the email form.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adwords Account Suspended - Unable to Verify Billing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello; 

Case clear ( I will ask Google  for a recheck)....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an update, that does not sound like good news...

"While reviewing your account, we found violations of our AdWords policies in this or a related account. As a result, your account has unfortunately been suspended, and your ads will no longer run on Google."

I'm not sure what kind of mistake I made, especially one that was so bad that it caused my account to get suspended. I'm new to Adwords and was just getting started with my agency business, so it is possible that an honest mistake was made.

That said, my ads were approved and running and I was receiving clicks. Then 24 hours later this suspension happened. The email they sent didn't provide any specifics, so I'm at a total loss. Jeez I regret not contacting Google initially to setup my account and campaigns initially rather than trying to learn on my own.

Is there any way to get someone at Google to help me out, or is it a loss cause at this point? It's a bit frustrating that I'm not able to reach a human being or get clarity on what the issue is.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
^^Sorry for the poor formatting. I don't know my my carriage returns are not creating paragraphs. The rich text editor on this site doesn't seem to be functions. Also can't edit my post. The options button just takes me to the top of this page.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Please share with us your website URL

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure how helpful the URL will be, as the campaign is for a client's mobile site that requires the users to be on a mobile browser in order to function properly. Needless to say, the campaign was running on the display network, targeting only users browsing from a smartphone.

Edited out the URL for client's privacy.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I am getting a warning message from WOT  about  this site. Usually, this indicates a poor quality site. ( I will not proceed to  check due to the risks reported) . Experience shows that It indicates a poor quality site, that  does not comply with the Policy, and hence, suspended.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So they approve the ads and then suspend the account? That seems a bit unusual. Why wouldn't they just reject the ads with a message that says, "your ad was rejected because...." rather than suspending the account. Seems a bit harsh and gives new advertisers quite an obstacle to overcome.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Account appears to have been reactived. Thanks for the help here.