AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adword policy with multiple accounts

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

I have 3 domains targeting their own country.and I manage them from same adword account. I now like to move 2 of the domains to my MCC account for easier management. Will it be ok to take this slowly and by this I mean move one and one campaign over to the MCC, optimize it and have it run there and still keep the old campaigns on the old account. The chances that same keyword will be used on MCC account and old account is not big and not something I want but still can happen during the transfer period. Will any of this break the adwords policy? OR is it ok to transfer and run campaigns on two different accounts that my company owns targeting same domain?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adword policy with multiple accounts

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;
I think it will, since you are targeting the same domain owned by the same business entity;
Check the double serving policy;
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable
Yes I read that but still I am not targeting the same keywords and keywords are the thing that triggers the ads. Example i have Cars on my MCC as a theme targeting xx.com and Cloths Theme on old account targeting XX.com. They will not effects any bids or do i try to gain on it.

If this is not ok then I guess moving everything from old account to new MCC and delete the old campaigns including keywords. That should be ok or?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello again;
Cancelling an account with a good history this is something I would NOT recommend.
Why can't you just link the current - good performing account - to the MCC?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Not applicable
# 5
Not applicable
I have 3 domains, they target their own country. However, some words are the same and that means duplicate keywords even if they are not triggered or compete since they only show in their own country. Lets say i target a domain in usa and canada. Same language and keywords if the site are similar

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi there once again;
I might be missing something here....
If there is no overlapping among keywords - set 3 campaigns, each targets a different domain, under the SAME account.

Not applicable
# 7
Not applicable
I have one main account that hold these 3 domains and i have 6 other domains that i have setup under the MCC account. All sites are the same but I target different countries.
However, I have many English keywords example samsung tv. And this can only exist once on my main account if not there will be dublicates as far as i understand? It's also a bid hard to manage 3 sites in one account since i have **bleep** load of keywords and campaigns. I just thought moving 2 domains to its own MCC account would be easier.. dont know?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I see your point, but I need to clarify two points before answering;

• Are types products offered on these domains similar? (e.g TVs...electronics...)
  • Is the pricing similar (within lets say  a range of 10% between one domain and another)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, its a price compare site so they are all similar just with different language and some of the products are of course different. Prices is about the same

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

So, you have similar products; similar pricing , all being targeted to similar websites. (The only difference is the go-location of the websites)
This would be a violation of the "double serving". You cannot do that using multiple accounts.

Sorry, but you need to look into different structuring of the account - not by spiting it.