AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adword Campaign of two different websites of same product type, in same Adword account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have just started running two different websites ads in same Adwords account, the business type of the campaign is same both are targeting same location and have same keywords. the contact information is different.

Is it hampering any Google Adwords guidelines? should I need to remove or pause one campaign from Adwords account and create separate account for 2nd website? or this is all good? or need to do something else?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July 2016

Re: Adword Campaign of two different websites of same product type, in same Adword account.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
If you are running both campaigns in the same Account then there is no problem at all.

The problem arises when someone opens two accounts for either the same or similar businesses that they own and try to get two or more ads to show for a single search.

Where two or more websites are being promoted within a single account Google will only ever show one ad - thus you cannot double serve. The system will simply choose the keyword with the best ad rank to trigger its ad...

Anand is correct that you cannot run two AdWords accounts for the same business, but this does not appear to be what you are doing. The last thing you should do is set up a second account for the second website as this would get you into trouble!

View solution in original post

Re: Adword Campaign of two different websites of same product type, in same Adword account.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Season,

Edited

Agree with @stickleback that better Ad Rank Ads (only one ad) will appear in the search result from both the campaigns.

And if both are your domain then you can't run two seprate AdWords account for same business.

Please find below the URL for policy detail:-

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
If you are running both campaigns in the same Account then there is no problem at all.

The problem arises when someone opens two accounts for either the same or similar businesses that they own and try to get two or more ads to show for a single search.

Where two or more websites are being promoted within a single account Google will only ever show one ad - thus you cannot double serve. The system will simply choose the keyword with the best ad rank to trigger its ad...

Anand is correct that you cannot run two AdWords accounts for the same business, but this does not appear to be what you are doing. The last thing you should do is set up a second account for the second website as this would get you into trouble!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks @stickleback to correcting me on two different websites ads in same Adwords account.

Thanks,
Anand

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
No worries - it's a subtle - but important distinction