AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adverts disapproved after updating advert URL's

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Everyone,

I am getting the following reason for why my ads have been disapproved. I recently updated the domain for one of my sites and changed the advert URL display and link URL for all of my adverts so the following message doesnt even make any sense. I am really starting to lose my patience with Google. I have resubmitted my campaign to see if that helps but for the mean time my ads are down which my client is not too happy about. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

[Display URL] One Display URL domain per ad group

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Adverts disapproved after updating advert URL's

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tom,
When you "overwrite" the URLs in an ad, you're not really editing the ad. You're deleting the old one and creating a new one. The old ones never really go away. They're there in your account forever.

Are you sure that all your live ads are only using one display URL domain?

If you try creating a new ad group, this should resolve the issue. If you use AdWords editor, this should only take a few seconds.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Tom,

Dave is right - paused ads will still throw up the error - all ads in a single ad group must have the same display URL - thus if your paused ads are pointing to the old domain the ads will not be approved.

You can easily dupe the ad group (either in AdWords Editor or using the new copy/paste facility) and then delete the old ads.

By the way - all the data on your old ads is all still there - even on the ones you previously deleted - if you select to view all ads rather than all but deleted or all active - the data will still be there....

The truth is you cannot truly "delete" anything.... just label it as deleted so it doesn't display - but it's all still there....

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tom,
When you "overwrite" the URLs in an ad, you're not really editing the ad. You're deleting the old one and creating a new one. The old ones never really go away. They're there in your account forever.

Are you sure that all your live ads are only using one display URL domain?

If you try creating a new ad group, this should resolve the issue. If you use AdWords editor, this should only take a few seconds.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Dave,

I paused the current ads and created new ads for the new domain. I did this so that I don't erase the current data I have on the old adverts which I have made the mistake of doing in the past. I don't really want to have to go through and create new adgroups.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Tom,

Dave is right - paused ads will still throw up the error - all ads in a single ad group must have the same display URL - thus if your paused ads are pointing to the old domain the ads will not be approved.

You can easily dupe the ad group (either in AdWords Editor or using the new copy/paste facility) and then delete the old ads.

By the way - all the data on your old ads is all still there - even on the ones you previously deleted - if you select to view all ads rather than all but deleted or all active - the data will still be there....

The truth is you cannot truly "delete" anything.... just label it as deleted so it doesn't display - but it's all still there....

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks guys, I deleted the old adverts and used the copy/paste functionality to copy both campaigns and paused the old ones, hopefully will speed up the process of the ads benig approved.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
No worries.
Ads should be approved a little quicker on weekdays.
Let us know if you're having any more issues.