AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Advertising with destination URL to walmart.com

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

A client of mine wants to promote their items sold on Walmart.com, can i post ads that link to Walmart or is it not allowed?

2 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @brower J,

Strictly technically speaking, you can set up and run that ad because you are not required to own the linked business. However, the idea is very unusual and we do not have much experience with it. Gut feeling is you should not do that unless the corporation gives you permission. My 2 cents.

Best,

Lakatos

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Ideally you should have control over the site your promote. Although Walmart is probably a safe bet, if your account is suspended because of content on the site you cannot change, you are screwed.

Also, if Walmart bids on the same keywords, only one ad pointing to Walmart can show in any one search result.

And very generally, bids are ultimately based on typical conversion rates and conversion values in your niche, because it is an auction amongst players who (should be) measuring such things. And generally, your return from the wholesale return you get would be less than the return retailers get.

And of course you can't directly measure the results.

I'd put your efforts into selling your products direct to the public, even as a limited trial.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

In his great post @RobSkelton referred you to some issues that may technically arise in relation to your AdWords account. Add to that what could happen if a giant like Walmart noticed your activities and took offense. You would not like a legal action, I suppose .. Smiley Happy