AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Advertising sports picks website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a new client who runs a predictive analytics software service that provides NFL picks against the spread. I've been researching Adwords policies and it seems this could be allowed, provided we get approval of certification from Google. I see an application form for a single country license but the U.S. is not listed among the countries.

Could someone point me in the right direction for the form we would need to complete? And does anyone have advice / experience with running ads for a sports pick service? Other than country and age restrictions, I understand that we would need to provide information and links for gambling help -- any other restrictions I should be aware of as well?

Promotion of sites that contain or link to content relating to online gambling

(You must be certified by Google in order to promote this content.)

• Examples: Promotional products such as vouchers or bonus codes; educational materials such as tutorials or e-books; software such as poker odds calculators; other gambling-related information including tips, odds, handicapping, and sports picks; aggregator or affiliate sites that promote gambling-related content
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Advertising sports picks website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Well... As mentioned, this falls under other gambling related content since the content is about (statistical) odds. - Hence, it's not allowed and the site will be disabled.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@MosheTLV

According to their advertising policies, it is allowed: http://screencast.com/t/WLY4MMWjFA

It falls under the "examples of what's allowed in some circumstances" and says "you must be certified by Google in order to promote this content". The specific list of examples given includes "odds, handicapping and sports picks."

Am I missing something?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Neil B;

Let me clarify;

In  order to be certified by Google you must comply with the restrictions per country. First,  comply with local regulations, and then apply for certification by Google only  if this type of gambling is listed under country specifics.  In the USA only lottery  is allowed: if you run a lottery business certified by regulators, you can apply  for certification by Google. If you run another type of gambling business this is not allowed.

Product Allowed? Details
Cash games Not allowed Google doesn't allow advertising for Internet-based games where money or other items of value are paid or wagered in order to win a greater sum of money or other item of value.
Online gambling Allowed with limitations Google allows ads promoting the following online gambling by state-run entities:
  • Lotteries

Advertisers must also be certified with Google. See how to apply.

You can apply though,  and based on the content of your site it might not be categorized as "gambling related". There is no penalty in being rejected.,

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK thanks I wasn't clear on that part. I will continue looking into it.

Advertising sports picks website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i love it, i would love to be a part of it.