AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Advertising Webinar Registration Form on Adwords

DFS
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
DFS
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, my company wants to use webinars as a means to introduce propsective clients to our company and products. We offer a webinar of pure information and then introduce our products at the end.

To get webinar participants, we send visitors to a webinar registration form which requests the personal information typically required (name, email address, phone number is they wish to receive a text reminder).

Is a webinar registration form a breach of adwords advertising policies because it is a type of personal information harvesting?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Advertising Webinar Registration Form on Adwords

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi DFS,

i don't think this would fall under the information harvesting policy as it's clear what the user is signing up for.  its registering for a webinar and is going to provide them with valuable information.

A few things to consider though. Add a privacy page and terms and conditions. You're collecting their info so they need to know how you might use it. Might even be worth adding a contact us pagpe with your details on there as well to help provide users some additional ways to contact you.

It might be worth adding some additional bullet points explaining what I'm going to get in the webinar so I know what I'm getting into if I register.

i know you don't want to give away too much but adding more content will let users know a lot more and would "add value" to the page.

a landing page policy sandbox tool would be a nice feature google. Hint hint....

Let us know how you get on. 

View solution in original post

DFS
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
DFS
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi DFS,

i don't think this would fall under the information harvesting policy as it's clear what the user is signing up for.  its registering for a webinar and is going to provide them with valuable information.

A few things to consider though. Add a privacy page and terms and conditions. You're collecting their info so they need to know how you might use it. Might even be worth adding a contact us pagpe with your details on there as well to help provide users some additional ways to contact you.

It might be worth adding some additional bullet points explaining what I'm going to get in the webinar so I know what I'm getting into if I register.

i know you don't want to give away too much but adding more content will let users know a lot more and would "add value" to the page.

a landing page policy sandbox tool would be a nice feature google. Hint hint....

Let us know how you get on. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;

I agree with purefuzz on that. In the past, you were required. Today, on your type of sites, you are advised but not required

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’