AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Advertising Subdomains Question (Policy Issue ) Double Serving?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a website which we promote the main url via our company adwords account.   However there are also subdomains (which for lack of better term) are affiliates of the site.  For Example we promote our site www.OURCOMPANY.com with our company adwords account.    However affiliates are now wanting to promote their subdomains affiliate.Ourcompany.com with their own adwords accounts.   

I believe this falls under the "Double Serving" or "Unfair Advantage Policy" and wanted to confirm this and also ask if this is just frowned upon or if this would be considered a violation of policy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Advertising Subdomains Question (Policy Issue ) Double Serving?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Correct; This falls under the "gain unfair advantage" class e of the Policy.

Some more deeper look about  the structure of the affiliates and their links / ties  to the "company"  is needed  here in order to give a comprehensive answer, but generally speaking, this would be allowed only if the affiliates are  independent business entities NOT owed by the "company", and each affiliate Geo targets  its own geographical region. (i.e. the Geo  region allocated to the affiliate to promote the service / product)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Each of these Affiliates (are not really affiliates) they are realtors. They own their own companies.......they just want to promote the sub-domain that is tailored to them. We want to handle their advertising but we want them to be able to setup the accounts with their own credit cards to avoid billing headaches. Each Realtor would promote a specific part of the city.....so their would be little to no overlap.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
This is a boarder line case. I can't answer definitively without looking into the specifics of the offers promoted by each "affiliate" and the audiences (in each Geo region) targeted.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’