AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Advertising Policy issue resolved but account still suspended

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my account being suspended after there was a problem with my site.

Here are the events in order:

May 6:

• I set up a campaign for a new service that my company developed and activate it.
  • I turn the campaign off occasionally for the night, or to make changes, then run it again.
  • All ads run, everything seems okay.

May 8:

• I pause the campaign for the weekend, as my site was not yet optimized how I wanted it.

May 11:

• As I get back to work on that Monday, I start the campaign.
  • Having received no emails or anything, I notice a message saying the ads cannot run because of a policy problem with my site.
  • I pause the campaign.
  • Reading about the site policy, I decide to mail support and clarify the issue, as this seems to be a misunderstanding. I also read that the ads can run again as soon as the issue is resolved. So I send the mail and start the ads again.

A few hours later I get an email:
"Your AdWords account has been suspended because it doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies and our AdWords Terms and Conditions."

Wait, what? Upon login it says "Your account is suspended - We've had to suspend your AdWords account because it contains major or repeated violations of our advertising policies."

Major, repeated? That's simply not true.

Let me say that if there is an issue with the site, okay, then there is and let's talk about it. Tell me and I don't run ads for it. But my business does multiple things. Suspending the account is too much.

I take a deep breath and tell myself that if the site gets to be okay, the suspension will be lifted.

May 14:

Now I get an email "Your AdWords account: Ads not running due to AdWords Advertising Policies". Three days later!

Display URL: (removed)

Policy violation: Products or services that enable dishonest behavior

That's what was already displayed in the interface. And to whom am I dishonest?

May 12-19:

I argue with a helpful support agent via email what my site does and does not do. In the end, it seems to come down to his feelings: "The content of your website still strikes me as somewhat untrustworthy."

If that is Google's official opinion of my site, so be it, but please don't punish my account.

May 24:

Finally, an email: "Your AdWords account: Advertising Policy issue resolved"

"Great news! We've re-reviewed your site and determined that the following site complies with our Advertising Policies"

So, now what? The account is still suspended. In the following weeks I tried to email AdWords but I never got an answer. On the phone a guy tells me there is nothing they can do, he doesn't see this email and I should forward it. I do that, but never get a response.

So here we are. Can anyone help me? I mean, the site complies with the policies by what Adwords themselves is telling me. If that was the reason for the suspension, why can't it be lifted? It's feels like being acquitted of any crimes but still being sent to prison.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Advertising Policy issue resolved but account still suspended

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello can you please submit a link of your landing page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The link is in the text, at May 14.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Julian B;

Your sites violates the spam techniques clause in the  "abuse of the  ad network " chapter of the Policy.

I am afraid this business model cannot be promoted  on Google;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@MosheTLV:
Thanks for your reply. Why is then Google telling me that the site complies with the policies? I don't see how it abuses the ad network in any way.

"Spamming social network sites: sites that spam social network sites to inflate a site's ranking or popularity" This concerns the site being advertised itself and is not something we do or have done.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
You cannot advertise a product that will "spam" or autolike on a social medial page to promote. Your website may follow the policy but google does not allow that business to be advertised on their search network.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well, so even while Google reversed the decision and also ads for the site are no longer marked as violating any policy, this is still the issue for the account? How can that be?

All I want in the first place is being able to use the account. If there is a second-guess for the site, that's lower priority. @MosheTLV do you think there is any chance for the account itself to be looked at again? There was no major or repeated violation and no site is currently in violation, as per the email.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Julian B;

I do not think Google will  reinstate your account.

My opinion: you'll have to find other platforms to advertise your website. 

I am sorry.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
And do you have any guess to why I got that email?
"We've re-reviewed your site and determined that the following site complies with our Advertising Policies"