AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Advertiser double serving

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, there is a french advertiser that I compete against in the  lead generation space. This advertiser built 6+ different domains that all do the same thing. They have the same address and/or phone number on the terms & conditions page, proving that it's the same advertiser.

I have sent several complaints to the Adwords Policy team concerning double serving policy violation in the last 3 months, but to no avail. I was wondering what else I can do at this point to get them to stop double serving.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Advertiser double serving

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Julie

As per my knowledge, Google Double Serving Policy is that you can't promote a single website/domain from two different Adwords Accounts.

But in this case, all the domains are different.

Abhishek

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Abhishek,
Thank you for your response. Based on Google's policy:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en

advertisers should avoid running ads from different accounts on the same or similar keywords that point to the same or similar websites. Violations of this policy occur when multiple websites share Common Ownership (defined below)...

Common Ownership
Common ownership occurs when the same entity, whether an individual or a business, owns or controls one or more of the sites in question at the time of multiple ad serving.

They are using multiple domains for the same keywords offering the same service, so this is a double serving violation. I met someone who worked at google who confirmed this to me, but unfortunately, nothing came of it.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Julie;
Please report using this link;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi , yes, I have been using this complaint form once every 10 days or so since November. I guess my best course of action is to keep trying?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the update Julie.

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Yes - resubmit the complaint;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. I will keep resubmitting! Thanks for confirming this is the best solution for now.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
I agree with moshe to submit complains about the issue. But mean while you can do few things to make your company look different on Google.
Remember the other company is manipulating google policy to get maximum impression share on the result page but ultimately have same offerings on all advertised landing pages.

May be its time to look different in terms of ad copies you are using and what your competition is using. Try and test out more ads and point out your uniqueness in your offerings. Try to get more on exact match keywords and gain more QS. Ad extensions is one option which will help you look different and gain QS. I will recommend using different extension like review,call,location and social etc which are actually very unique in their existence. Remember you are managing one and the competition is managing 6+ domain, probability of you optimizing your ad will more than the competition Smiley Happy
Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Was this issue resolved by google? Or does the competitor continue to violate?