AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Advertiser Claim "best"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My employer just added a new modern product line, that in practical terms compares very favorably with competitors.  Our competitors products are old.  The product line is clearly the "best" in the regional market it is serving.  Can we claim our new, modern products are also "best".  Does the use of this superlative require substantiation on the or near the landing page?  Does there have to be a reference to an independent "consumer reports"-like evaluation in order to use the word "best".

The Ad copy guidelines do not seem to be as clear anymore on this point.  I remember from my cert training, specific references that required verifiable documentation related to the use of superlatives in descriptions.  However, the language in the policies now seems less defined as to the veracity of claims.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RBall (Participant ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Advertiser Claim "best"

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Gey DougSb,

Its written very clear in this page :

"Google doesn't allow ad text that contains superlatives such as "best" or "#1" (and all other variations of the number 1), unless there's verification by a third party clearly displayed on the ad's website. Third-party verification must come from someone or some group unrelated to the site. Customer testimonials don't qualify as third-party verification."

Cheers,

Asaf

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again dougSB;

This is a nice question;

As I understand your question, your claim about your product is a "quality claim" ("the best").

The Policy requires that such claims will be supported by an evidence from a third-party, unrelated to the website. This evidence must be presented. (Clients' testimonials are not considered "independent evidence".)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Gey DougSb,

Its written very clear in this page :

"Google doesn't allow ad text that contains superlatives such as "best" or "#1" (and all other variations of the number 1), unless there's verification by a third party clearly displayed on the ad's website. Third-party verification must come from someone or some group unrelated to the site. Customer testimonials don't qualify as third-party verification."

Cheers,

Asaf

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

P.S.

If your competitors violate Google's advertising policies - you can report it using this link: 

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176378

Good Luck,

Asaf

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again dougSB;

This is a nice question;

As I understand your question, your claim about your product is a "quality claim" ("the best").

The Policy requires that such claims will be supported by an evidence from a third-party, unrelated to the website. This evidence must be presented. (Clients' testimonials are not considered "independent evidence".)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

OK; Asaf and I typed in our answers simultaneously.  You got the same answer from two different sources....Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Moshe

My case is we want to say we are number 1. You mentioned:

How can we present the evidence?

Thanks

Laura