AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Advertisements for unrelated entity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I searched for the terms "St. Jude Cybersecurity". It surprised me that one of the top results was St. Jude, a charity.

I am concerned that someone might be buying ads for the charity St. Jude to confuse people into thinking it is the same entity as St. Jude Medical, a large corporation which has recently been accused of having security issues.  Is there a way to see who bought this advertisement? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Duane W
September 2016

Re: Advertisements for unrelated entity

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Duane W

The more likely scenario is that the charity is sponsoring "st jude" with phrase match or a broad match modifier.

I seriously doubt they are intentionally trying to confuse anyone.  The hospital is responsible for their own ad, and most likely via the Google Grants program.

For what it's worth, I've never heard of St. Jude Medical, but I've been familiar with the St Jude Cancer Hospital for Children since I was a kid.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Honestly, I don't think this is the goal of the advertiser..... To me it  seems more that someone at the "charity" did not set properly the negative keywords.
And, as  for your question, based on the landing page you can see what is advertised, but Google does not disclose the billing details.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

OK, I now see that I was typing my reply while @David K posted his...

You got about the  same answer from both of us Smiley Happy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’