AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Advertise Diet Products

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it permitted to use 'before - after' picture in GDN image?

For example :

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Advertise Diet Products

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey,

I dont think google should have an issue with the before after pics in an image ads.

Although, I think there is a policy that states that you cannot mislead a user saying something like you would get a body like that in 15 days or without any effort/magically basically. (poor explanation.. but couldnt think of another way.. sorry! Smiley Happy )

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ardian S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

To add  to @ShroffS answer;

You cannot promote a weight loss program that is not based on common scientific practice: moderate diet and exercise.

All "miricale" diets are not allowed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hey.. Thanks Moshe!
I have actually been trying to find the Google Support link for this.. Can you help out with that?
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@ShroffS Shweta;

It's under the "user safety"  section of the Policy;
"Google doesn't allow sites that mislead users with scientifically improbable claims. This ad claims an unrealistic amount of weight loss in a short period of time without diet and exercise."

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’