AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adsense promoting malware, spyware, and adware

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am concerned by the frequency of Google Adsense advertisements being placed on popular software and music sites that feature misleading messaging instructing the user to "Download", "Play", "Listen", "Download Now", "Free Download", or "Download Full Version". These ads are purposefully designed in such a way to give the false impression that they are an integral part of the supporting site, with large player-like buttons that redirect users to a completely different landing page to download unrelated and potentially malicious content (malware, spyware, adware, etc.). These landing pages are usually disguised as a "Free Download Manager" to further conceal their true purpose, although there are also cases where such landing pages instruct a user to enter credit card or other personal information.

This is just one example of the many problems I've encountered with Google Adsense:

I believe that Google has a responsibility to block the publication of these misleading advertisements, particularly if they are likely to create a safety and security risk for end users. There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for Google to permit "fake designs" that are specifically intended to cause confusion about the true purpose, nature, and origin of the advertisement.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Randy K
September 2015

Re: Adsense promoting malware, spyware, and adware

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Randy,

Thank you for your posting. However this community forum is for AdWords related questions and issues. Please feel free to post your issue on the Adsense community forum here: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/adsense

Re: Adsense promoting malware, spyware, and adware

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You are wrong. This trouble of AdWords, not AdSense. My topic with the same problems: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/When-will-AdWords-shutdown-the-quot-Downl...