AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads suspended for "bridge site" violation - what do I need to change?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I threw a website together really quick (about 2 weeks) because the main purpose of the site is for a tax sale auction that happens on June 18th.  Because of the time crunch, I don't have much other content on the site other than the main purpose - which is to provide a much more useful list to potential buyers than what the county provides on their website.  I decided to advertise with adwords to try to get as much exposure as I could in that small amount of time.  But now I've been hit with an ad suspension just a few days before the auction happens.

I have read through the bridge site policy and it appears I am not violating it, but when I read some of the discussions here about bridge policy, I think I might know what the problem is.  I just want to make sure that it's the problem before removing the bread and butter of the lists.  I do have a single ad on the website, an amazon father's day banner and it is diplayed at the bottom of the page.  The problem I think I have is that the list is almost 5000 properties long, and I made it 1000xs more useful by providing a link on each auction to the county assessor's website, though I only display 100 at a time.  otherwise, people have to go to the assessor's website, click about 4 different links, then type the parcel out which is formatted like 00000-000-000 and each group has to go into a different textfield on their site, then they have to click search, and it gives them search results, then they have to click on the result to get to the same place that my single link takes them directly.  This is the best feature of my site, and pretty much the sole purpose I made the site, but I've seen people in the forums saying that too many links to the same website could flag you as a bridge page and my page has nearly 5000 links in total to a single website.  I would hate to have to remove those links just to use adwords, and would probably just stop using it since the page is exponentially more useful with the links than it is without.  Without the links, it's only marginally more useful than the county's website, and it's horrible.

Thanks for your help!

http://www.ustaxsales.info if you want to actually take a look for yourself.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads suspended for "bridge site" violation - what do I need to change?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
You don't have that Amazon banner ad on your landing page for your AdWords ad, do you?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

RBall wrote:
You don't have that Amazon banner ad on your landing page for your AdWords ad, do you?

I do.  My site has only 1 page - index.php.  It displays contents based on parameters passed to index.php

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello sdouble;

I do not see any added value in useful / helpful content to a user interested in US tax sale

It looks that the main purpose of this site is to drive traffic to Amazon. That's a violation of the Policy.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

MosheTLV wrote:

Hello sdouble;

I do not see any added value in useful / helpful content to a user interested in US tax sale

It looks that the main purpose of this site is to drive traffic to Amazon. That's a violation of the Policy.

I understand that when you go and look at the website, you don't see much use.  But if you were a tax sale investor, specifically in polk county ia which is all I'm covering at this point due to just starting and the time limit, you would see that this is a very helpful resource.  The way you get the list from the county's website is through a page with links to 47 different text files (1 text file per disctrict). In each file, text looks like this:

------------

2 00006-008-000 001 STICKS PROPERTIES, LLC         120202                          4.00      1.00     0.00  0.00          5.00
                        P 3701 SW 61ST ST                       **ITEM TOTAL DUE         4.00      1.00     0.00  0.00          5.00
                        P DES MOINES IA 50321                                                                                      
         SOLD TO_______ M STICKS PROPERTIES LLC                                                                                    
                        M 3631 SW 61ST ST                                                                                          
                        M DES MOINES IA 50321-2402                                                                                 
         % SOLD________ M                                                                                                          
                        L LOT 8                                                                                                    
                        L AIRPORT COMMERCE PARK                                                                                    
                        L WEST PLAT 1                                                                                              

VALUE  =        $192,200                                                                                 
                          CLASS  =    COMMERCIAL 

--------------

Which is very difficult to go through.  That is just one property, there are almost 5000 properties listed.  I have written software that parses all of those text files (over 90,000 lines of text) and gives you the important things that a tax investor looks at as well as a direct link to the assessor's website for that property.  This makes it much easier for them to compare the risks of each sale as well as look at the historical taxes and assessment rolls for each property with a single click instead of having to do it through the not-so-user-friendly assessor's website.

Should I just remove the amazon banner?  It's not like it's a PPC ad, a user actually has to click there AND buy something for me to ever see anything from it.  And I'm not expecting riches from it, people generally dont' click ads and if they do, they certainly don't need an ad for Amazon.  People already know amazon exists, they would typically just type amazon.com into their address bar and go there instead of get sent from my website.  I just want to make sure that the problem isn't the links to the assessor's website, because I have 3 more counties I'm working on writing patterns for right now and if I can't provide links, I'll leave them out.

Thanks for your input MosheTLV.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

sdouble;

If the site has valuable content it has to be revised .

Check this article on landing page experience:

Understanding landing page experience

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks again, I'll look into improving my landing page. Your original comment combined with what I've read on the landing page article, I'm guessing that the system assumed the same thing you did at first glance: that I was just trying to get people to click on the amazon banner.