AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads running violating policy despite numerous complaints

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Adwords account has been suspended due to policy violations - relating to medical cannabis. We provide doctors services for cannabis patients.

I am not arguing with these policies, however I have noticed that my competitors are being allowed to advertise the exact same services in violation of Google policies.

I have called several times over the course of the past week, and submitted two separate feedback complaints highlighting the ad in question, and yet it continues to run. This situation is costing my business money on a daily basis. We have worked hard to attain the #1 position in native search (since we cannot advertise) and yet my competitors ad sits above our #1 position taking business from us each day.

At this point, I am asking one of the moderators to escalate to one of the senior policy people, as the Adwords team seems unable to resolve the situation in a timely manner.

The search term is: 'medical marijuana card online'

The advertiser is: http://prestodoctor-dot-com.buy-now.co/

I would really appreciate someones assistance with this matter. Google is engaged in unfair business practices by denying my company the right to advertise, while allowing our close competitors. The situation has gone on for over a week now.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads running violating policy despite numerous complaints

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Mark
All complaints for policy violations go to the same place so there's not much more that we can do for you here if it you have already filed a complaint.
All I can recommend is that you call or live chat support and ask them to check that it was received or to follow up on it.

This is a peer to peer help forum so once something is being looked at by AdWords support, it's really out of our hands. I absolutely know how frustrating this can be as we suffer it regularly with a large client base but these things are actioned in the order they are received I believe and I hate to break this to you, but I've seen it take MUCH longer than a week to resolve. The majority of folks I know at Google are now off for Thanksgiving so I wouldn't be expecting any replies over the next few days either.

I know that's not what you're looking for but patience is all I can recommend at the moment.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dave,

Thanks for your response . Unfortunately as of today the situation is still unresolved. Thus far I have:
- Called 4 separate times and discussed with the Adwords team
- Submitted 4 separate feedback complaints

Each time, I am assured that they will look into the situation or get back to me, and yet nothing changes. Meanwhile, we are losing business to our competitor on a daily basis. I consider this to be an 'unfair business practice' by Google.

If there is anything more you can do, I would very much appreciate it.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Mark
I'm afraid there's nothing more I can suggest. We don't have access to your account here in the forum.

I completely understand how frustrating this can be. I've gone through something similar myself very recently. The only way I could get it resolved was to keep following up with support until it was sorted.

It might be worth bearing in mind too that this likely went to the policy team for review and they're known for having a pretty heavy backlog (blame the scammers, spammers and people who refuse to read the policies) so these things do take time.

AdWords support is the only place you're going to get this resolved now so I'd focus my attention there. Sorry there's nothing more I can recommend. I know the frustration all too well and can only empathize at this point.