AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads reapproved and then disapproved again

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Charvi -

A number of ads from one of my campaigns were disapproved with the message:

One Display URL domain per ad group

I went through all ads and verified that the display URLs matched the landing page URLs and that the same was true in any paused ads that existed in the ad groups. The campaign was resubmitted and all ads were approved.

I then took a look at my campaign the following day and the same list of ads had been disapproved with the same message again.

So I have now deleted all paused ads from all ad groups - just to be certain that there is only one display URL per ad group and I revisited each landing page to make certain that these were good - and I have now re-resubmitted.

What could have caused a bunch of approved ads to be subsequently disapproved with this advisory message?

It is possible that temporary site issues (404 errors / 5xx errors etc.) could have caused this and is the message received (One Display URL domain per ad group) what I would see in these circumstances?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads reapproved and then disapproved again

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Tone P

"I went through all ads and verified that the display URLs matched the landing page URLs and that the same was true in any paused ads that existed in the ad groups. "

Just to clarify you can have different landing pages in the same adgroup but only one domain per adgroup.

this is ok....

kimswebsite(dot)com/adwords
kimswebsite(dot)com/adwords-search-network
kimswebsite(dot)com/adwords-display-network

this is not ok:

kim(dot)com/adwords <--this domain is different
kimswebsite(dot)com/adwords-search-network
kimswebsite(dot)com/adwords-display-network

As for the errors. I am not sure that would cause the disapproval message you saw. The errors would likely cause other disapproval messages along the line of invalid http response....

does that help?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I know this might be obvious - but it caught me out some time ago....

The destination url's can be different as Kim explains - with the single domain.

but within each ad group the DISPLAY urls must be the same. This is a strange one, as I know I have some ads with different display urls in the same groups and they've never given a problem - but sometimes the bots do seem to picjk up on it - so check your display urls to make sure they are all exactly the same.

The easiest way to do this is in AdWords editor - open and select all the ads in one ad group and look at the display url line in the editing area - if it is blank or says varies, then they are not all the same - find the culprit and fix... hope this might help

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Steve, "but within each ad group the DISPLAY urls must be the same. "

This is a new one for me Smiley Happy

All ads from an ad group have to have the same display URL .... or Display URL domain ( which would be logical ) ?

I can't have 2 Ads, one  with a display URL  display1.com/tablet and another ad with display1.com/smartphone  ?

Where do we find this diamond in the policy help pages ?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
It's not - and it's not even supposed to work that way - you should be able to have multiple display urls in an ad group - maybe I didn't explain myself. But I have found that having different display urls - not just the domain, but the whole url - has caused my ads to be disapproved in the past - it may be a glitch, but if approval is an issue this is certainly something to try. If you then need to run different display urls - then split the ads into their own ad groups.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
This could happen. resubmit the ad (make a small change)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok , got it. I hope they don't have the same surprise around the corner from different URLs found in sitelinks Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
I agree with Steve, I too had faced the same issue. They disapprove ads with different display url. Need to edit ads and add same display url in single adgroup. If I am running 4 ads - the display url for all four ad should be same. :'(

- Neha

- Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
I use different display url's all the time and have never, ever, run into this issue. Only if the domain was different.

maybe a glitch? Maybe country specific?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
I know it's not supposed to be like that - you're right - but I have seen it a couple of times and it might help here... country specific? - I don't know - my clients are all over the place and off the top of my head I can't think which ones have had the problem....