AdWords
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads on youtube status "Serving" but not getting impression

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello I a, trying to run youtube ad on youtube, my ad is approved and the status is "Serving" However I am not getting a single impression. Any possible reason??

Thanks

Re: Ads on youtube status "Serving" but not getting

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I too had a similar problem. In the end the ads were not approved. You need to email support to ask them to approve your ads fully!

Hope this helps.

Re: Ads on youtube status "Serving" but not getting

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Andrew, 

Since your ads are marked as approved, here's a check list I would recommend following to figure out what may be causing zero impressions to your YouTube ads.

1. Is your daily budget set to a reasonable amount to capture traffic?
  2. Are your video campaigns and ads active?
  3. Are your bids competitive (Check out in the "Bidding" section under the campaign "Targets" to see the daily impression estimate given the bid amount).
  4. Under your campaign "Targets," do you have target groups defined for the various targeting categories that are offered?

If you have all of the above answered with a "yes" then I would recommend incrementally expanding your targeting parameters to see how it impacts your impression volume. One other thing I would check after completing the troubleshooting check list is to revisit your location targeting to see if it's too narrow for the audience you're targeting.

@Nefer_L