AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not running due to AdWords Advertising Policies

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have a google ad running for the last 5 days but received a mail this morning to say my site violates google advertising policies due to misleading content.

1. Make the necessary changes to your site that currently violates our policies:
Display URL: johnferryfitness.com

Policy violation: Misleading content

Does this mean the advert itself is ok but my just something on my website needs to be fixed? I'm assuming the ad is ok as it was approved 5 days ago?

I also can't see what may be wrong with my site. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi John, 

Google and other platforms are really sensitive when it comes to certain subjects like weight loss and promises for it. In your case I'm pretty sure it's not the ad that is the problem but the messaging on the website. I would try to adapt a more subtle approach to your offer and avoid the most powerful words (e.g. depressed, lethargic) and hyped promises, Google might see this as a misleading offer or a "miracle cure". 

You can read more about this here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020955?hl=en

Let me know if you need any more detail. 

Thanks

Tobias

Re: Ads not running due to AdWords Advertising Policies

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Well.. Weight loss is a very sensitive issue with Google.  Briefly  looking at the site, your claims are a bit "bold" and "energetic". (e.g. "My coaching will transform your body and mindset so you’ll look great and feel energized and confident in all areas of your life", "I know what works and what doesn’t. I know how to maximise your fitness levels and weight loss in minimal time. I will show you how to enjoy your favourite foods and not fear their consequences.")

Any promo for weight loss must  include exercise and diet, and claims / goals should be with an acceptable scientific approach a and paradigm. (e.g.  Losing 4 kg per week is not a common scientific approach).

The content of your site should be revamped and also include a proper disclaimer.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tobias, very helpful.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks MosheTLV, 

I'll review the site

John

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Google dislikes the following when combined with weight loss:

Guarantees

Timeframes

Testimonials

Specified pounds or kilos

Testimonials are usually OK if there is a prominent disclaimer for each, in the same size font.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks RobSkelton