AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads not Showing. Dollar sign is a trademark???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just set up an adwords account and is not showing because the dollar sign is considered a trademark. Many others advertising in this category are using the $ in the ad. My ads are set up very similar. Any help or experience in this matter would be appreciated

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads not Showing. Dollar sign is a trademark???

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Irsresolutionnc,

Welcome to the AdWords Community!

First, Trademark issues are generally location based in terms of how Google looks at them. 

Are you positive that the dollar sign is the cause of the trademark violation?  What information have you been provided?  Did you receive an email that you could share here, minus any account numbers, emails or other personal information?

Sometimes, it could be a general term that is causing your trademark problems.  Do you have any ads at all that are currently approved?

My understanding of Google's Punctuation and Symbols use policy is that the approved symbols are okay as long as they are used as intended. 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Thanks for the response.

I assumed it was the $ sign but it may be the word "Dollar". I did not get any email but that particular ad is shown as not running because of trademark policy and then it as a colon and say Dollar.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 4
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi Irsresolutionnc, 

Dollar is a trademark term in a lot of countries but only for the car rental industry. 

If you ads are not connected to the car rental industry I recommend calling us because we might have made a mistake when reviewing the ads. 

If your ad is connected to car rental, you will need to (1) remove dollar from the ad text or (2) leave dollar in the ad text but ask that company to give you permission to use their trademark term or (3) leave dollar in the ad text and try qualify as a reseller/ informational

I hope this helps. 

Ita