AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads no longer appearing at side of search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have been advertising with GoogleAds for the past 2 1/2 years and my ads have always appeared to the right of the search results.  Recently I noticed that my ads are now appearing at the bottom of search results and no ads appear to the right.  Has there been a change in policy, and is it possible for me to make a request to Google to return to the previous format?

Thank you.

Cindy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads no longer appearing at side of search results

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Cindy,

Welcome to the community.

Google do a lot of testing with their displaying of ads and it could just be them testing at present but they could have decided that it's the best user experience to not show ads on the side of the page for these keywords.

Are these competitive terms or quite low volume long tail? Generally I have seen this happen on the low volume and less relevant keywords.

It's very unlikely that requesting to put it back the way it was is going to have much of an impact. Have you tried increasing your bid or Quality Scores?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

This generally happens with the targeted keywords lose juice (keyword search activity). We have noticed the same thing with some keywords that are considered "Long tail". Best advice I can give you is to bump your bids as that helped us get back up to the top.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;

Has the QS dropped significantly lately?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

Please go through the adword blog post for more information.

http://adwords.blogspot.in/2011/11/new-ad-placements-on-search.html

Hope this helps,

Info