AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads keep getting disapproved?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm looking for help on why my ads keep getting disapproved?

I have followed just about every possible link to policies and, and, and...but still fail to get answers on why this happens. I am too scared to try other variations, just in case my account get suspended or something.

I have re-written my homepage and the ads, I really do not know what else to do? If it may help my site is www.bring-home-the-bacon.com The main idea is just to get people to visit my site, but I feel that mabe I'm not writing the right type of ad?

I would really appreciate if someone can even just make a suggestion of what I could advertise to get to test adwords on my site. After all I'm paying for that. If there is any expert on here, please make a suggestion so I can quickly test it.

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Ads keep getting disapproved?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Wimpie,
http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190438

You're promoting survey affiliate sites.

First of all, these types of sites are seen as information harvesting. Second of all, and you wont find it in black and white in any official docs, but Google doesn't like affiliates.

IF these sites were acceptable, Google doesn't like having a middleman in the search cycle.

You are NOT going to be able to advertise this site, in it's current form, on AdWords.

Sorry.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wimpie
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Also, be VERY careful about trying to simply "tweak" the site to vaguely meet the policies. You WILL get permanently suspended from using AdWords and trust me, you may regret this when you eventually come to start using AdWords for a real business.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Wimpie;

I completely agree with Dave on this ;

You are clearly violating the information harvesting section of the Policy, as well as the "bridging "section ("Websites that feature links to other websites while providing minimal or no added functionality or unique content for the user")

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Care to share your ad text and landing page URL?

It's difficult to help with no information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Dave. I have just edited the question - including a link to my site. And here is a copy/paste of the last ad I tried, thank you so much for willing to help.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Wimpie,
http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190438

You're promoting survey affiliate sites.

First of all, these types of sites are seen as information harvesting. Second of all, and you wont find it in black and white in any official docs, but Google doesn't like affiliates.

IF these sites were acceptable, Google doesn't like having a middleman in the search cycle.

You are NOT going to be able to advertise this site, in it's current form, on AdWords.

Sorry.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Also, be VERY careful about trying to simply "tweak" the site to vaguely meet the policies. You WILL get permanently suspended from using AdWords and trust me, you may regret this when you eventually come to start using AdWords for a real business.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Wimpie;

I completely agree with Dave on this ;

You are clearly violating the information harvesting section of the Policy, as well as the "bridging "section ("Websites that feature links to other websites while providing minimal or no added functionality or unique content for the user")

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Dave. I see what you mean. I have to say that it is really unfortunate that I have invested time and money in this site, just to find that Google might not like it! They should place the payment option at the end, so that people in my position can at least test to see if their site will be acceptable, before they pay! Anyway I'm gonna find some worms to eat, and start working on my next big idea. Thank you for your help Dave, I really apreciate it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Moshe, as you can see, I'm relatively new to this. I have two more sites I'm working on, that I believe should comply. They're nothing like this site, those are "beauty therapy" and "engineering" in which me and my wife are both proffesionals. Thank you guys, at least I now know what NOT to put my energy into Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Wimpie;

An advise based on hundreds of suspensions cases we have had: Be familiar with the Policy before advertising on AdWords.

Watch the video by Google's ads policy engineering chief:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VewFkix7qg

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe, yes I do agree with the cause, which is exactly what inspired me to start writing about how to be carefull and aviod being scammed online. I just can't help to wonder how many of the 800.000 sites that tried advertising with adwords, and got denied, still have, like me, money lying in their adword accounts. That cannot be used, or could've been used to advertise somewhere else. Even with the pure intentions that I have for my page, the video just made me feel like a criminal. If I spend five minutes discussing electrical engineering with an average person their heads will be spinning, that's what all the pages of policies make me feel like. But to you and Dave, thank you for taking the time to help me, I'll just have to go back to the drawing board now. - Wimpie