AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads have been approved but arent doing anything!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Guys, 

I have set up an ad campaign (actually 3 in total) in My Client Centre, the ads have been approved, they have loads of budget remaining, have a broad audience to aim at, as far as I can see everything is on order but nothing is happening, AdWords is simply not displaying the ads to anyone. 

Any help would be gratefully accepted!

Craig

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads have been approved but arent doing anything!

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Craig,

Welcome to the Community!

Could you go to the ads tab, hover the speech bubble to see what's the reason?

Cheers,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

There is no speech bubble, the ad as it is at the moment is "working" fine in theory and AdWords is not displaying there is any problem, but the ads have been running for a few days now and have not been displayed to anyone and has not charged me anything, they are live in effect but are just not doing anything.

Thanks for replying,
Craig

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Craig,

I've seen this behaviour a few times... try hiking up the bids significantly - more than you would want to pay... and see if this kick starts impressions. Once the ads start to get impressions then drop the bids back down to your proposed level and see if this helps. It's almost as if Google forget you're there sometimes and you need to shout to get noticed. Usually once the ads start they will continue to run even once you lower the bid, but keep an eye on things as there may be a threshold under which you simply won't trigger impressions.

Let us know....

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
I second Steve's suggestion here. Feel free to write back if there's a problem.

Cheers,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar