AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads disapproved because of symbols issue when actually there aren't any

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am keeping getting my 2 mobile ads disapproved (one search network and one display network) for symbols issues but my ads do not have symbols at all, not even dots.

What could be the reason?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author HomeBA A
August 2016

Re: Ads disapproved because of symbols issue when actually there aren't any

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @HomeBA A,

1. Read the policy above. Here are some examples of excessive or gimmicky punctuation and symbols that we don't allow:
    • Exclamation point in the ad's headline
    • More than one exclamation point in an ad
    • Repeated punctuation or symbols
    • Symbols, numbers, and letters that don't adhere to their true meaning or purpose such as using "@ home" to mean "at home"
    • Non-standard use of superscripts
    • Non-standard symbols or characters like asterisks and vertical lines
    • Bullet points
    • Ellipses

For App ads, note that your app title and developer name are also subject to this policy. You may need to change them within the developer console before you re-submit your ads for approval. If the actual name of the app contains punctuation or symbols, please refer to the exceptions section below to see if they apply to you.

Exceptions: Non-standard punctuation and symbols are allowed in ads for these circumstances:

• Trademarks, brand names, or product names that use non-standard punctuation or symbols consistently throughout the website
    • Symbols used in commonly acceptable ways, such as using an asterisk (*) to indicate hotel star rating in "5* hotels"
    • Legally-required asterisks or superscript to indicate that conditions apply

If your ad meets one of those exceptions, please request a review. We'll review the information and see if we can approve your ad.

2. Change your ad.

If your ad violates this policy, edit it to make it comply.

• On your Ads page, hover over the ad you want to edit.
    • Click the pencil icon next to your ad to edit it.
    • Click Save when you're done.

Once you edit and save your ad, it's sent for review. Most ads are reviewed within 1 business day, though some can take longer if they need a more complex review. If we find that you've removed the unacceptable content from your ad and its destination, we can approve your ad to start running.

If you aren't able to fix these violations or choose not to, please remove your ad to help prevent your account from becoming suspended in the future for having too many disapproved ads.

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
OK thank you. I missed the part where the title of my app in app store must also abide by the rules of no symbols.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @HomeBA A,

You are very welcome. Please let us know if you need further help.

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Actually I do still have a problem: I changed the title of our app deleting all the symbols we had but one of my 3 ads keep being rejecting for symbols ( no problem with the other 2 ads). The thing is my rejected ad is completely lacking of any symbol, not even commas or dots

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @HomeBA A,

Pause the ad in question and copy it as a new one making any edits to utilize all of the help info provided so far. 

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
did that too 2 hours ago and the new one still got disapproved. Can I post here the image of my ads or maybe I could send you a private message so maybe you could help me to see where the problem is?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @HomeBA A,

Sure, you can. 

Also, what does the disapproval message say?

Kind Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Here http://imgur.com/a/GzBni
the second one I did last Friday then changed the title of the app which took place yesterday (the other ads in the same ad group now are approved except this in the picture) and the first one I did today and see if it would have been approved but nope.
the app is this one https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/interior-design-ideas-home/id1059964828?mt=8

thank you again

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @HomeBA A,

Please click this link and fill out the form to request a review.  Include the screenshot and any/all info. 

Once you hear back, please let us know what they say. 

Kind Regards,

James