AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads disapproved although running fine previously (NABP)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a bit of a dilemma with a couple accounts that we've taken over from another agency.  We imported the previous campaign only to find out all the ads were disapproved due to the healthcare/pharmacy violation.  

How can this be as the same ad content, keywords, and website content were used with the previous campaign that was running for months with no NABP approval required?

Is it because the previous campaign was grandfathered in somehow? Or approved in a different manner?

We are also running a campaign and website content very similar to the parent company which also runs adwords with no problem, yet our ads were again disapproved due to healthcare/pharma violation.

It doesn't make sense and I cannot get a clear answer from support after countless emails over several weeks.

Our client is losing leads/income while trying to work thru this when their ads ran just fine a couple weeks ago.

Please advise!  There has to be another way besides moving our money to facebook and bing ads.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads disapproved although running fine previously (NABP)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@James C

Are the ads disapproved or  is the site suspended?

Under the policy column (on the Ads tab) what is mentioned as the reason?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ads disapproved:

Disapproved [Healthcare and medicines] Online pharmacy certification required

prescription drug sales

which they do not sell prescription drugs online nor in store. It is a health/wellness consultant that offers diet planning, well being, etc.

After much back and forth, a google rep said it was an issue of mentioning hormone replacement therapy on the website and in the ads.

I just don't understand why this is just now an issue when another agency was running the campaign just fine two weeks ago. We simply imported the campaign and activated under our own account.

We are going to lose the business if we can't correct this immediately.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@James C;

We volunteer here... We don't have control over Google's timeline... Smiley Surprised

Google and we (on this community) always encourage users to thoroughly review accounts and campaigns compliance prior to launching  a campaign or linking accounts to an MCC, to avoid situations like the one you are currently facing.

My past experience: reinstating campaign does take time... 

Please share your website URL, so we can look at the website  and business model (which seems to the issue here)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I really appreciate your help. Simply getting a timely response is helpful.

The account they disapproved is for the URL:

(removed for now)

We went thru the same issue with the Denver location which after a few weeks of phone calls they approved the ads but Limited for this URL

(removed for now)

It is very similar to other site and corporate even has ads running to their landing page at:

(removed for now)

The inconsistency is what bothers me and the fact that the client is not a pharmacy.

Any insight you have would be helpful. Perhaps we need to only point the ads to a limited landing page and remove a few of the violating words? Not sure.

Thank you again for your help

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again @James C;

Well... My opinion:  the reviewer at Google was lenient  / flexible with you. If I were the reviewer, I would not approve the site, and this flexibility  (IMHO)  is the reason for the inconsistency;

Yur site violtaes the Policy. The main issue is the unsupported  claims. For example:

• " ... nutraceutical supplements are used to correct nutrient issues and aid in protecting your body from critical imbalances"
  •  "...partnered with three cardio-diagnostic leaders to design the most advanced heart disease prevention program available".
  • "..Our science-based age management program can help you manage memory loss and other degenerative issues"  
  •  Claims made on this page e.g.  " Immune System Rejuvenation" or "Improved Cognitive Function"

There are also other parts (of the site)  in violation (which due to my limited time here I did not fully check).

The same applies to the Denver website. Hence,  the difficulties you had to approve it. (And again, If it were me, I would ask for more changes.)

Briefly looking at the landing page, it also does not comply, and includes unsupported claims (e.g. "Our personalized Elite Health Programs are built on evidence-based, cutting edge science to help you achieve peak vitality at any age"). Based on my experience,  once it gets into a review, it  probably would be suspended.

So, as for your initial question: the suspension (IMHO) was justified. I did not quite understand whether  at the  point you took over the account, it had already been suspended, or "taking over" triggered a review.  In any case, the other account (currently running) will most likely also be suspended,  once the system links the domains.

This is my analysis of this case. (As much as I could check)

-Moshe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the insight.

Turns out the real issue was the mention of "hormone replacement therapy" on the web pages. Very frustrating as we've been dealing with this for weeks and going back and forth with support while others are running their ads just fine.

Created a basic landing page and the same ads and things are running fine now. But the page won't convert nearly as well without the mention of all the services offered.

The pharma cert is ridiculously expensive and based on per domain fee as well. Quite a racket they've got going.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello again @James C;

I can't comment further since you removed the URL. Though, if I recall the case correctly,  during my quick look I noticed many violations.

So my view, based on my experience, is that even if the site  currently running properly, It could be suspended again when the bot triggers another violation and submit the site again for another review, by a human reviewer.

My recommendation is  to systematically verify compliance of every section of the policy. Review and verify compliance of each clause;