AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads disapproved after changing host provider

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This issue has completely stumped me as I am not a server expert by any means!

A client has recently changed host provider and all ads are continually being disapproved for over a week due to "destination URL not working". All provided destination URLs are functioning so I don't understand why this keeps happening.

Google responded with the below:

Google Escalations team (not based in UK) noted that destination URLs were not working. The emailed our Google Account Manager:

Please note that all web pages must work in ALL countries regardless of user IP.

If customer correct the pages they can re-submit ads for approval.

Google Account Manager:

It would seem that the problem is server related regarding users outside the UK. When I tested the ads they all seemed OK. However the escalations team is outside the UKs, so maybe picked up on this easily.

So should the hosting provider remedy this solution. we should be good to resubmit the ads and go from there.

On Google Webmaster Tool, there are 18 server errors, 2,275 pages "not found" - these all seem to be very old blog posts from 2008-9. Everything that was originally on JSWeb was copied across when the client changed host provider.

Has anybody else encountered this issue? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads disapproved after changing host provider

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Calibrate D,

This must have happened because all those destination URL were non-functional for sometime as you stated client changed the website hosting.
All those ads can easily be approved again; you just have to contact support and intimate them that issue has already been resolved.

-Rohit

Re: Ads disapproved after changing host provider

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

We had a similar issue a few days ago;

It seems that the your host blocks the access to the website from different lotions. (Including locations from which Google's bots crawl the site.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’