AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads disapproval (Malicious Content)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Great to find this forum.

Well I have few ads which got disapproved by Adwords. Here in UAE its long holidays hence cannot get in touch with the support.

Here are the ads link

http://camp.igames.ae/igames/om/nw/oo/icon_sht/indexg.html?pcid=2

Basically it's a prelanding page where the user has to enter the phone number to subscribe and go to the landing page of games portal once successfully subscribed

Adwords disapproved it saying its a malicious content or software.

Irony is that, similar content has been approved in the same campaign.

Here is some of the info about the service

Terms & Conditions:

• iGames is a service that will provide you unlimited html5 browser games once subscribed.

• To make use of this service, one must be more than 18 years old to have received permission from your parents or person who is authorized to pay your mobile bill.

• This service is compatible with Android & iOS handsets.

• Subscription would be auto renewed at OMR 1/weekly, automatically until you unsubscribe.

• You can unsubscribe from this service, anytime, by sending UNSUB IGAMES to 92031.

• Data charges apply.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Follow closely the instructions on this page to fix and resubmit your site. Verify that all steps are followed

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Which page please?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Oops; Sorry; 

Here you are:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Moshe gives great advice.  I have a very basic question for you:  do you own the game software you are advertising for download within the browsers or are you a third part affiliate?  This is a very important question as per this policy.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Company owns the game portal. Its an online game portal where you can use the browser games without downloading any app (thats the pitch that user dont need to go to app store but can play via their browser online).

Then we have carrier billing over it. The user being targetted as a particular operator in Oman and the user has to subscribe to one the landing page after which they can access the portal which we own. User then gets billed via their phone bills

Hope this is clear.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I looked at the landing page. The sole purpose of this landing page is to collect personal info. The landing page has no added value to users. Both are violations. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

thanks for the additional information.  This is too difficult to answer without knowing the ins and outs of the rest of your situation for a community contributor.  This should go through reactive support.  However, I will leave you with one question as I look at your business model and landing page:  "Would your 80 year old grandma "feel safe" using this site and would it be clear to them the business model, how you are using their personal information and how your site interacts with their computer?  If the answer is "no" then I would encourage you to create a more transparent website with much more robust information, useful tools and information, and a safer user experience. 

Good luck!