AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads covering the entire website

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to report an ad that was for a Google product and it takes the entire page. I can't scroll away from it because the website and moves behind the ad. Unfortunately, whoever wrote the form for reporting these problems has never used a Google operating system before because Android uses a touchscreen and there is no way to right click a touch screen. I tried long pressing the add, but no features come up to copy anything.

As an end-user, if I can't access content because of obtrusive ads, my first response is typically to find a way to block the add. Naturally, I don't see why any company would use your advertising platform if the end-user can't even see their webpage. Unless that's the point. A Google search brought me to a page because I thought it had the information I was looking for, but maybe it doesn't.

EDIT: well this is just lovely. Apparently, when I clicked the page to create a profile on this community, it created a new username for me even though everything is linked and I have my username without the e at the end. So now I'm complaining about how your ad review process doesn't let the user report an ad if they are looking at it from a mobile device, and also the way that you're communities don't let me control or set up my own profile. Does anyone actually think things through before setting up these abhorrent policies? Of course, this from the company that brought us Google+ which sounded great until I learned that anyone can add me to any Circle I don't want to be in and I don't have any friends or professional contacts, or the decision to remove SD card access when my phone has 32 gigabytes and my SD card has 256 gigabytes leading me to stop purchasing any apps because I never have space for it.

Well, here's a screenshot of the ad. Since the Advertiser is Google itself I highly doubt they would actually do anything about it, but this is apparently the only way that I can report any problem.

https://s27.postimg.org/c4c9tgbwz/Screenshot_20161223_030536.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Ads covering the entire website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you click on the triangle at the top right, you should be able to see a dialog box  with an option to report (online) this specific ad. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’