AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads are not showing

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I am having an in house campaign with different keywords.

My ad is not visible on some specific keywords though there is none of the advertiser are showing there ads.

I am bidding on those keywords and my budget is also ok

Can some one tell me the reason why my ad is not visible when there is no other advertiser showing ad on that particular keyword

Thanks

Kushal

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kushal s
September 2015

Re: Ads are not showing

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Kushal,

It is hard to say there is no competitor who is bidding on your keywords in same market place and same time.
If you don’t see the ads, it does not mean no one is bidding on same keywords, as every ad has to qualify some threshold to appear on SERP. That ad does not meet those criteria, It can not appear on Google 1st page.
It you don’t see the ads on Google, it may be the reasons of time, location, device and search terms and its relevancy with Ad copy. You cannot say quickly that no one is bidding one particular keyword.

Please follow the below link for info:-

http://adwords.blogspot.in/2007/10/common-misconception-revisited.html

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Kushal,

If there are no ads for a few keywords, it is quite possible that they have a low search volume or they are eligible but still have a low search volume that is yet to be categorized by the system.

What's the status of those keywords. Do you see something like low search volume or they're all eligible..?
Sumanth Sridhar

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kushal,

Hard to say exactly why your Ads are not showing, but have you tried the Ad Preview and Diagnostic Tool?  When logged into your AdWords Account you can go to this tool and search for your Keywords.  It will tell you why you cannot find your Ad.  

Do you have Impressions inside of your AdWords Account?  A common reason why Ads do not display is that the Max CPC Bid is lower than the Estimated First Page Bid.  If that is the case, you can get your Ad to display on the first page  by either increasing your CPC Bids, and/or improving your Quality Scores.

I put links to some helpful articles below, but I be using the Ad Preview Tool you'll get a good sense why you're not seeing your Ad.

Find your Ad on Google

Find out if your Ad is Running

What to do When you Can't Find your Ad

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the answer

Yes, max CPC bid can be one reason but there is no advertiser other than me showing ads on those keywords.

I do have clicks and impressions served on those keywords.

Is there any other factors why ads don't show though no advertiser is bidding on particular keywords

Thanks
Kushal

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author kushal s
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Kushal,

It is hard to say there is no competitor who is bidding on your keywords in same market place and same time.
If you don’t see the ads, it does not mean no one is bidding on same keywords, as every ad has to qualify some threshold to appear on SERP. That ad does not meet those criteria, It can not appear on Google 1st page.
It you don’t see the ads on Google, it may be the reasons of time, location, device and search terms and its relevancy with Ad copy. You cannot say quickly that no one is bidding one particular keyword.

Please follow the below link for info:-

http://adwords.blogspot.in/2007/10/common-misconception-revisited.html

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for the explanation, i have gone through the link it was helpful

Cheers Smiley Happy

Thanks

Kushal