AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads adverising freebies or gift coupons/vouchers

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi community!

Are ads adverising freebies or gift coupons/vouchers allowed by Adwords? I have come across the topic that the site was suspended as the guy offered to send a free instructions to the visitors if they enter their e-mail address. I have noticed there are plenty of ads offering freebies or coupons, and all of them ask for personal information, such as e-mail, often mobile or postal code. Is this considered to be fishing for information? On the other hand how the freebees can be delivered to those who agreed to receive them without providing necessary personal information. Can enybody give me some light in this matter?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Ads adverising freebies or gift coupons/vouchers

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kelly,

To be honest with you, it would depend upon case to case as if under what circumstances the personal identifiable information (like email address) is being gathered and how the website owner is going to use it. This all information has to be provided clearly on the website under Privacy Policy.

Also any misleading or unverified claims in your ad or on the website are not allowed.

I would suggest reading this policy for more insights:- https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020955?hl=en

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kelly,

To be honest with you, it would depend upon case to case as if under what circumstances the personal identifiable information (like email address) is being gathered and how the website owner is going to use it. This all information has to be provided clearly on the website under Privacy Policy.

Also any misleading or unverified claims in your ad or on the website are not allowed.

I would suggest reading this policy for more insights:- https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020955?hl=en

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi pankaj1782!
Thank you for reply. Much appreciated.
Another question of theory: if a site offeres to win a voucher or coupon of a supermarket, or a car, etc., is this considered to be gambling?
All who want to share your knowledage of the topic are welcome)).