AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads Suspended - No Longer Own Website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My account was suspended almost 2 years ago.  I sold the website that had the violation shortly there after.  How do I get my account unsuspended?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads Suspended - No Longer Own Website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You must, somehow, get control over the URL and fix the site.
Google is firm on this Policy: the domain has to be fixed prior to any appeal.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
A firm policy is good but it has to be practical. If I don't own the website anymore how do I gain control? I do appreciate the response but it doesn't make sense.

Google is asking for something that is unobtainable. If Google expects me to change a website that I don't own then I'm asking Google to change their website (comparing Apples to Apples). Google will not do so and the other website will not do that.

This policy you mention give appearance that I am responsible for a website I don't own. That can't be right in America in the 21st Century.

Again, I'm just trying to make sense of this. I like strong policies but they have to have merit. There is no merit here since I don't own the website. I would understand if I had to wait for a time period but not years and years.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Run a search on the community for "suspended do not own site" or similar queries - you'll find many cases in which the issue was discussed at length.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

Not sure why you asked me to search within the community for "suspended do not own site." None of the top results revealed anything. However, I kept searching and only found a few messages. All are basically the same.

Google is asking us to do something in which they will not do themselves. This leads my to believe that your Top Exec's often referred to as Google's Management Team do not care.

From the Google's Culture page it talks about sharing ideas and opinions. This platform is great just for that however, its one sided. It appears you (no disrespect intended) are reading from a response card which does not take into account that those who are interested in this topic no longer own the websites that were in violation. Google will not even take a look at this issue on a case by case scenario.

I would challenge Larry, Sergey and/or any other execs to take a look at this issue (Google Policy) and see if common ground can be found.

Last I checked we are in the 21st Century and working together should be what we do best. Google's Policy in regards to this topic needs to be revisited. Its going to take someone from Google's Top Exec's Team before this issue will be resolved.

I've made a challenge and ask that those Top Exec's read the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Its time for a change in mindset.