AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads Pending Review For Almost 3 Weeks???

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On Wed. I called in because my ads that were submitted more than 2 weeks ago were still pending. I was told that they would be forwarded/escalated to the review team and that I should wait until the next day for them to be reviewed.

Next day nothing happened, so I called in again. This time I was told that the ads were submitted for review by the person that I spoke with the previous day, but that I should give it 48 hours. In other words, wait another day.

Today, after 48 hours passed (+ 2 weeks since my initial submission) I called in again. I was told I have to wait - AGAIN. This time NOT EVEN a clue as to when they might be ready was given.

Am I missing something here? This is NOT the first time this happened. I've had ads before sit in qeue and not get reviewed for 2 weeks until I call in. It's like they get forgotten somewhere.... It's very frustrating. Nobody even followed up via email with this... out of the people I've contacted. Not even a "hey, we're working on this and we haven't forgotten you". I have to keep calling in - and I'm now told that they don't know how long it will take?

Is this standard Google policy or what? I'm not talking about a little delay beyond the quoted review terms...

Note: Just to be clear - I did not touch the ads in any way after being submitted. Also - all I did was break up a big ad group into smaller more targeted ad groups as per the Optimizing AW tips. So the subject of my campaign and keywords were nothing new to the system.

I'm sorry if I sound a bit irritated, but that's because my ads have been sitting on the sidelines for 2.5 weeks, I'm losing money and nobody has any idea what's going on.

Thank you for any help or light that you guys can shed on this subject.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Ads Pending Review For Almost 3 Weeks???

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, Harris001,

I am a Google employee who works exclusively with AdWords. I'm happy to investigate this matter for you, but I do need some additional information so that I can target my investigation. Please send your AdWords customer ID number to the following email address, and I'll respond as soon as I can: adwords-support+0-40001237@google.com

Thanks!

LindzB

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi harris001,

Welcome the the AdWords Community :-)

I've certainly never experienced a lengthy delay such as the one your describing. I'm interested to know the text of the ads, if they are text ads, any chance you could post a copy paste or print screen of the ads your waiting on to be approved? Might help shed some light on the situation.

All the best

Spike

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

3 Weeks later the ads got approved... but here's the kicker - I got an email saying that my ads were DISAPPROVED. Going to my account I saw that my ads were APPROVED.

Then I went over the dissaproval email and found that they were talking about some ads for a DELETED campaign that was running 3 years ago (that's right, 3 years ago). NO ads were obviously submitted from that deleted campaign because... it doesn't exist anymore... Sadly I am not joking in the least about this... The email states that the ads (which no longer exist in ANY form) from the campaign (which no longer exists either) have some punctuations errors.

This would be hillarious if it wasn't for the fact that I stayed 3 weeks on the sidelines with no ads running.

1. The campaign with the dissaproved ads was deleted  - IT DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE. It's like they're getting back to me for a ticket sent 3 years ago - I even doublechecked the ticket ID to make sure it corresponds to the recent request for review. They're basically asking me to fix ads that don't exist anymore Smiley Indifferent

2. I clearly called in and emailed about my current running campaign - gave campaign name and group name.

3. Even as such - making the mistake of reviewing a deleted campaing instead of the one I asked for, you'd still expect an answer and your ads to be approved/disapproved within 3 days at max - NOT 3 weeks. But how exactly do you review ads from a campaign that doesn't exist?

4. This is not the first time.

This was just an excuse to justify the delay. I have the emails and proof for all this.

Any supervisors on this thread or are we just supposed to look the other way and pretend it didn't happen?

Thank you

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Harris,

> 3 Weeks later the ads got approved... but here's the kicker - I got an email saying that my ads were

> DISAPPROVED. Going to my account I saw that my ads were APPROVED.

Both of those sound like bugs in our system.  We've been having some troubles with the ads review systems recently.  I would love to dig into this one and figure out what happened.  Do I have your permissin to try to find your account details and see what caused this?

> you'd still expect an answer and your ads to be approved/disapproved within

> 3 days at max - NOT 3 weeks.

Yes you would.  We have not been able to keep up with the volume of incoming ads recently.  I apologize.  We're hiring more reviewers to do the work, and my team is working on improving our automation rates as well.

Until we get things in order, feel free to contact AdWords support if your ads haven't been reviewed in 3 business days and they can arrange for it to happen quickly.  That's what they're there for.  But in your post it says you already did that.  If I do dig up your account details I will also try to figure out what happened there.

> This was just an excuse to justify the delay. I have the emails and proof for all this.

Um, no.  Even if we wanted to lie to advertisers whose ads take too long to get reviewed, we don't have time to play that kind of game.  We're too busy reviewing ads. :-/

Laura

AdWords review engineer

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Laura,

First of all, thank you very much for the fast reply. I apologize for my frustrated tone in the posts.

As long as the ads don't get disrupted and stop running again you have my permission to look into it Smiley Happy I've had 3 weeks of not running them so I don't want to do anything else that will throw them into limbo again Smiley Happy Also - you can follow ticket ending in 2958 - which states my ads were disapproved. I can also send you the follow-ups and other pertinent emails. Since they contain a lot of private data would it be possible to fwd to you privately (I don't think I'd like to post them on the forum)?

All the ads in the other email (the one I can't post here) are just ads listed belong to a campaign that was deleted a long time ago.

Also, not that it matters so much now that the ads are running properly again, but none of the people I've spoken over the phone with since Wed. ever got back to me (3 different representatives). The only response I've got was from the online form I've submitted with the ticket listed above. That's one of the reasons I felt like I was getting the runaround. If it's a glitch I'll be more than glad to help any way I can.

Feel free to contact me via my email if need be.

Thanks again

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, Harris001,

I am a Google employee who works exclusively with AdWords. I'm happy to investigate this matter for you, but I do need some additional information so that I can target my investigation. Please send your AdWords customer ID number to the following email address, and I'll respond as soon as I can: adwords-support+0-40001237@google.com

Thanks!

LindzB

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does it matter if you have a campaign set to run in the future? Our ads have been pending review for about three days now but most campaigns are still a week off at least.

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hi Umair,

That's an excellent question.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think we will review those ads as well.  That way they'll all be reviewed and ready to start serving as soon as the activation date arrives.  When I have time (i.e. probably not today) I'll dig into the code and verify that guess.

We still have a backlog of ads waiting for review more than three days, unfortunately.  It's a combination of higher incoming ad volume this year plus some bugs in our review system that slowed down the human reviewers last week.  If you've been waiting more than three days, please contact your AdWords sales/support folks, or the normal AdWords support email / phone number if you don't have a dedicated representative.  They'll be able to get your review 'expedited'.

Laura

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There's also the problem of dissapproved 'ghost' ads. I have a warning that shows 25 dissaproved ads. Click on it and then go to the campaing ads and it shows some random ads - some from deleted campaigns, some from paused campaigns - NONE of them dissaproved. I'm guessing the warning is reffering to the disapproved ads from campaigns I've had 3/4 years ago and have long since been deleted (see my posts above), not the actual ads shown. I'm including a screenshot as proof of the problem. http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s419/harris-aw/207036f6.jpg

PS: The ads indicating "campaign paused" - if I go inside that campaign with the "dissaproved ads" filter on, they show as "deleted" not as campaign paused ads.

I guess some ads, although deleted, just don't want to die Smiley Happy  ZOMBIE ADS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have been waiting weeks and weeks more than the 2 weeks indicated still says being reviewed i wish i could talk face to face with the reviewer to find out why there is a problem