AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads Pending Approval Message

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have started to use the new YouTube video promotion tool. With some success it appears, too. My question regards this message: Under "Status" and "Serving." "Some formats are still pending approval" This approval process seems to delay the display of my ads for several days. Looking for some additional information about what that means. An individual at Adwords needs to review an ad before it runs? Is this normal for all ads? Any way to remove or expedite it? 

Thanks,

Bill

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Ads Pending Approval Message

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Bill

welcome to the forum!

This is fairly regular and can sometimes take a while (and longer than you would want).

It can range from a few minutes to a few days depending on your ads. If they are small text ad changes then these will, generally, get reviewed quicker than a new display ad for example.

There's not really much you can do to expedite it. If you have an account manager you could email them to try and raise priority but I think you'll just have to wait for Google to get round to it.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Kane

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply. These YouTube video ad campaigns are set to last for seven days by default. So, as an example, I've got one now pending approval for four days. If it were to be approved now it would run for only three days. That's what has happened to my previous ads. I suppose I'll have to remember to manually change the end date on each one. A minor inconvenience, I suppose.

Bill

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've had the same experience, my video ads from Youtube are taking over a week to be approved (still havent been). Not sure how Google is handling this but whatever they are doing... they need to do it better. If Google can call me every other day to upsell me more services and advertising, they can approve my ad right? Get that guy that keeps calling me to do it!

APPROVED! Click.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a begginner, I cant wait to sse my website result. I also seeng unregistered domain of mine before.

Can I also linked those domain?..

plese .someone help me set all these up.. I spent to much unnesessary fees to get all these started .but yet 

not set up a dime after 31/2 weeks of sitting my desktop to have it done..

Thanks..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Once an ad is approved or rejected will I be informed by email?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Leonard W

Depending on your notification settings you will be approved if an ad is disapproved. You won't be notified of approvals though.

To check (or change) your settings go to My Account tab, the notification settings. You will be able to change what you get emailed about in there.

Cheers

Kane

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well, here is the answer to my question... this is why none of my ads have ever made it, because no one is approving them before the date runs out. Very, very frustrating! This is my third attempt, but the first time I have been able to ascertain why nothing ever happens. I will try to stay on top of it to push the date out (I assume I can do that) once the ad has been approved. Sigh.