AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads Disapproved due to Non Standard Punctuation Error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI 

My Following Ads have been disapproved due to Non Standard Punctuation Error 

http://snag.gy/XexBC.jpg

Then i tried ad without any punctuation 

http://snag.gy/d3O2W.jpg

still get the same error . 

please give me details about the reason . 

Thanks 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads Disapproved due to Non Standard Punctuation Error

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Amit,

when it is showing as " Non Standard Punctuation" , have you clicked on the details?

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Amit C;

Add a full stop at the end of the description lines, and you might also have "excessive" capitalization.  (E.g. Capitalizing prepositions: From, To) 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi MosheTLV,

There is no excessive capitalization as you can see the shared link.
Also full stop is not necessary with any description line, if i don't want my description line to be shown with the headline for top positions then I will never use a full stop in the 1st description line.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Archit

All words are with first letter capitalized, including prepositions....

If you  add a full stop at the end of the description lines, this "resets" the ad and resubmit it for approval. Further, I would strongly  recommend  to add a full stop at the end of the first description line,  as well as  in the second one, assuming that each line  delivers  a distinct and clear message / copy (as in this case)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

So finally as MosheTLV suggested, to make your ad approved and to impart proper messaging try this:

Headline: Cheap Flights from Atlanta
Desc1: Get Low Cost Flights from Atlanta.
Desc 2: Book to Save Limited Seats!
Display url: Bookcheapflights.us/Atlanta

Regards