AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ads Disapproved due to Non Standard Punctuation Error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI 

My Following Ads have been disapproved due to Non Standard Punctuation Error 

http://snag.gy/XexBC.jpg

Then i tried ad without any punctuation 

http://snag.gy/d3O2W.jpg

still get the same error . 

please give me details about the reason . 

Thanks 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ads Disapproved due to Non Standard Punctuation Error

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Amit,

when it is showing as " Non Standard Punctuation" , have you clicked on the details?

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Amit C;

Add a full stop at the end of the description lines, and you might also have "excessive" capitalization.  (E.g. Capitalizing prepositions: From, To) 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi MosheTLV,

There is no excessive capitalization as you can see the shared link.
Also full stop is not necessary with any description line, if i don't want my description line to be shown with the headline for top positions then I will never use a full stop in the 1st description line.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Archit

All words are with first letter capitalized, including prepositions....

If you  add a full stop at the end of the description lines, this "resets" the ad and resubmit it for approval. Further, I would strongly  recommend  to add a full stop at the end of the first description line,  as well as  in the second one, assuming that each line  delivers  a distinct and clear message / copy (as in this case)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

So finally as MosheTLV suggested, to make your ad approved and to impart proper messaging try this:

Headline: Cheap Flights from Atlanta
Desc1: Get Low Cost Flights from Atlanta.
Desc 2: Book to Save Limited Seats!
Display url: Bookcheapflights.us/Atlanta

Regards