AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adding customer testimonial into ad copy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Is  it possible to add customer testimonial as description lines in the ad copy?

Please help me on this.

Thanks,

Rajkumar

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adding customer testimonial into ad copy

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Rajkumar,

You just have 35*2 characters limit for the descriptions lines.
I recommend you to highlight your USPs and CTA there to make it more enticing, urging customer to click the ads.

Testimonials can be added on the landing page to build customer loyalty towards your services.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Rajkumar,

Just to add to @Achint's reply, if you can have separate page for Testimonials, can be added as sitelinks to show with adcopy.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hmm... I would urge some caution with testimonials  within the ad-copy.
AdWords only allows reviews by 3rd party using review extensions;
Read more about  the format and content allowed as reviews in AdWords:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/3197294?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV,

Thank you for your answer.

Say for example, I was to use the ad copy:

Get XYZ Today
""I can't believe XYZ has changed
my life for the better." - Alice
XYZ.com/Buy-Now

With the ad copy, I also make changes to my landing page to incorporate the same review.

Isn't this is a good idea? Also, would it go against Google's policies?

Thanks,
Rajkumar

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Repeated punctuation or symbols in ads is a policy violation.
Making your ads relevant only with landing page does not increase QS, it must be relevant to your keywords also.
CTR is the major factor to boost the QS.

You can use this after removing these excessive symbols but It is just simple line in favour of your products/services. You need to mention something unique about your business to make customer keen to opt you.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@RajKumar Induri @Archit

The issue here is not with the editorial of the text,
The issue here is that a review by a customer within the ad-copy is a violation of the Policy.

As already mentioned; including the ad -text on the landing page has no impact on QS

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’