AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Adding Awards Logo to UK Display Banners e.g. Which? Best Buy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Has anyone any experience of adding a award logo to a number of UK display banners, the company concerned has recently won an "Which? Best Buy" award and want to place the particular unique logo to a new set of display banners (over 100 in total, so a lot of work if we are not allowed to place on the creative).

I presume the landing page the banners direct to will have to have the actual logo and a link to the article of the actual award being awarded?

Which? (http://www.which.co.uk/) are the largest consumer body in the UK, with over 680,000 members that subscribe to our magazine, and over 335,000 online subscribers.

Anything else in order to get the ads approved?

Regards

Steven

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Adding Awards Logo to UK Display Banners e.g. Which? Best Buy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Steven,
I'm really not sure that there's a problem here.

I'll assume the award logo is on the site already (who wouldn't have it immediately after winning?), so as long as there's permission from Which? to use the logo in third party ads, I don't see an editorial policy issue.

You might want to be safe and try a single creative, submit it and make sure there's no issues but from your description, I see no issues.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dave,

Yeah its not a actual problem, we are going to design one set of banners first and upload etc.

The only issue we have now is that the link from the logo to the award article is a "snippet" and you have to create a Which? account to view the full article, we are trying to request the full article URL as we think the Google reviewer will probably fail us for that.

Thanks for your help

Steven

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hmmm,
So you're looking to link the Which? logo to a different URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, the Which? logo to the actual Which? article where they reviewed our product and then gave us the award. I suppose we could just link to the Which? homepage first, but I was thinking the Google reviewer required proof that we won the award e.g. Which? page that mentions the company name assigned to the google ads.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Steven
Apologies for the confusion here. Just trying to work out what you're actually trying to do here Smiley Happy

So, from your last post, I'm guessing here that you want to run banner ads that link ONLY to the Which? page that has your award write up? No link to your own website, just your company logo etc?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry, I didnt explain it correctly, my fault.

So standard UK display banners (they include the Which award logo at footer of banner) when clicked they go to our landing page (actual product that won the award) on to justify use using the Which award logo in the banner creative the landing page would have content (which award logo and a link to justify why we won the award). So standard banner advertising but want to proved to the Google reviewer that we have actually won the award and provide a link if there is any doubt. The objective of the banners is to drive traffic to the landing page to click a buy it now button. No redirects from the banner to Which website.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Thanks for clarifying Steven. Really appreciate it.

It's all clear now and you're in good shape. No need to change anything. You should link the award logo on the award page to the Which? page where you won the award (open it in a new window/tab) but it's not entirely necessary. If you're squeezing every last drop of conversion rate percentage from your landing page and don't want to suffer the potential leakage, it's not completely necessary. For the review process though, you might want to link it, just in case.

You're not trying to be deceptive here so you've nothing to fear. What you're doing, we do regularly.

Finally, don't forget to add the Which? award to your review extensions in search ads if you're using them. They work great! Congrats on your award.