AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

#AdWordsTips - How the Ad Approval process works

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Have you set up a new ad in your AdWords account recently? This video goes through the process and turn around time for getting your ad reviewed.

Learn more https://support.google.com/adwords/an...

#AdWordsTips

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
February 2016

Re: #AdWordsTips - How the Ad Approval process works

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Sasa,

To clarify Google's stance on the promotion of vaporizers; Our Dangerous products & Services policy states that we want to help keep people safe both online and offline, so we don't allow the promotion of some products or services that cause damage, harm, or injury. We would like to make it clear that we do consider the use case for these products when reviewing ads. If vaporizers are marketed as facilitating recreational drug use or as products designed to simulate tobacco smoking the ads will not run.

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Have questions about getting your ad approved? Post them below!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I would like to get an ad for a vaporizer approved.

The ad should go here: http://www.vapeworld.com/ca/pax-vaporizer-by-ploom

Are portable vaporizer, the pax by ploom in specific, OK to be advertised?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
February 2016

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Sasa,

To clarify Google's stance on the promotion of vaporizers; Our Dangerous products & Services policy states that we want to help keep people safe both online and offline, so we don't allow the promotion of some products or services that cause damage, harm, or injury. We would like to make it clear that we do consider the use case for these products when reviewing ads. If vaporizers are marketed as facilitating recreational drug use or as products designed to simulate tobacco smoking the ads will not run.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kathleen,

Using AdWords Editor to bulk import dynamic ad content from Big Commerce. The destination URL is causing me problems as I'm getting the following error message, hopefully you can let me know what's up:

Destination URL must contain {lpurl}, {lpurlpath}, {unescaped!purl},{escaped!purl}

The fields are all populated - tried it with both http:// and https:// but still seeing the issue.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee
Destination URLs have long been deprecated. For Dynamic Search Ads, use a tracking template instead. The tracking template is optional, but if you choose to use it, then indeed it must contain certain placeholders. For details, see https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549100#DSATracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kathleen,
I'm having problems with ads related to movie content. For example: I have a video ad about a "What you don't know about Deadpool" youtube video which is waiting in review for 3 days now. Turkish support says they don't have the rights that english support has so they can't help. I had this problem before in other videos but english support solved it in minutes.

I was getting help from english support but for some reason it changed to turkish support.

What should i do?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kathleen,

So you said you will review paused ads. What about ads inside a paused campaign? Will you review them too?

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This older thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.