AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords review extensions do not accept Google reviews! Help please

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just entered a couple of review extensions for one of my campaigns. Some of the best reviews I wanted to feature are actually Google reviews which appear on our Google+ page – but Adwords strangely wouldn’t accept Google+ as the source URL. Surely must be a way around this? Google reviews are surely welcomed by Google AdWords?

Tim

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: AdWords review extensions do not accept Google reviews! Help pleas

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tim
No, there is no way around this. You cannot use individual user generated reviews in review extensions. This frustrates me a lot and I've spent a long time trying to get review extensions working. Here's the rules you have to play by: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3236114?hl=en

I think that review extensions are incorrectly named and it causes a lot of confusion. I like to think of review extensions as "celebrity endorsements" or "accolades". I think if you think of them in the same way, you'll be more successful getting reviews approved.

Examples of what I've gotten approved as a review extension:
BBB accreditation
Customer service awards
Marketing awards
Celebrity endorsements
Reviews in big national publications (national newspaper)

You will NOT get third party reviews like the ones you're trying to use approved. It's just not what they're for. In fact, your Google reviews can now be used in SELLER extensions but these are automated and they cannot be controlled in any way.

So think of seller extensions as "review" extensions and think of review extensions as "endorsement" extensions and things will make a bit more sense.

I totally feel your frustration so hopefully my years (literally) of agonizing over this and trying to figure it out will help make things a little clearer.