AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords rep to hold my hand?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've begun to invest a large amount of time and money into a site I've hoped to build for several years. The site will be monetized in part by advertisements. I feel that it provided plenty of value for users and the ads will not be overbearing by any means. I've also read and reread all of the AdWords guidelines. However, after all the horror stories I've heard, I am incredibly nervous to set up my site in AdWords and have it suspended forever. Before I risk so much on building this site out, I'm curious if there is any sort of option to have a site verified and reviewed and get help setting it up in an account so I don't accidentally step on a landmine that could destroy my ability to market my site forever. Is there a process available to help hold my hand through this and make sure I avoid any possible pitfalls? I've been pointed at the policy guidelines before, but many of them are very vague and I don't want to do something wrong.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords rep to hold my hand?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

You can contact Google for help setting up your account and your new campaign, yes.  Search for "contact Google AdWords" - sorry, I don't have the link handy.

Like everything else in life, this comes with no guarantees. Woman Wink I'd suggest that going to the AdWords learning center and getting a good grounding in the basics of how AdWords functions and the options you have available--before you start spending money--is an excellent idea.

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello there;

To follow with Theresa; Google says openly that users should be familiar and learn the Policy prior to advertising. Failing to follow this advice could end up "tragically"

Can you share with us your website URL?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good idea. I should probably post the site here to get feedback before I go live in AdWords. However, there are a few things I know I need to clean up first.

Has anyone here been through the assisted setup process? I just assumed it was managed by people who didn't really have any special insight or connection with the policy team. I thought there might be a separate process for advertisers with larger budgets.

Nothing in life is guaranteed, but most other advertising companys work with their clients a bit more than Google to get things right. I just thought there might be something like that for higher spend AdWords advertisers.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Google provides one-on-one assistance to help brand-new advertisers get their campaigns up and running. I'm not sure what else you're asking for? 

No, the new account folks don't have any 'special' connection with the policy enforcement team. Although they'll know the more common problems advertisers run into, it's expected that Google advertisers take responsibility for knowing the policies and rules and following them. 

What I'm saying is that you can get help creatng your advertising program. 

Knowing whether or not your business model is acceptable or your website is a good one is your responsibility. The policies are available for anyone to read and I'd guess that 98% of advertisers never have to give them a second thought.  (I'm not really certain why you're so concerned about running into problems? Is there something about your business model that you suspect is going to cause you some trouble? )

Whatever level of support any other provider may or may not provide or the value of such support, I'm not qualified to discuss.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*