AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords policy regarding advertising for social media marketing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to launch a campaign for my business of social media marketing.  As part of my services I secure social media followers, fans and likes.

I am unable to find any policy that would be opposed to my adverising with Adwords.

Can you clarify this for me?

Thanks,

Betty

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: AdWords policy regarding advertising for social media marketing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Betty,

Don't do it...whatever you call it, allowing customers to buy followers, likes, +1's etc...it's all Spam in Google's eyes and covered under the Spam Techniques Policy"Spamming social network sites:  Google doesn't allow the promotion of sites that spam social network sites to inflate a site's ranking or popularity."

Here is an older example of a suspension which includes an explanation from Laura, who happens to be part of the team that reviews ads for violations:  https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approvals-and-Advertising/Account-has-been-suspended-for-...

Sorry for the bad news, this business model just doesn't work with AdWords.

Good Luck!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: AdWords policy regarding advertising for social media marketing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Tom! I agree, it's a black hat subject and this is why I asked first. 

Kind regards,

Betty