AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords ad Approved Limited Ad not showing due to Trademark Term "iPad"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok so I've been trying to get this issued cleared up for going on now two weeks. My online business is a repair business of offering customers a repair service for Apple Products "iPads". 

So my ad was approved limited but not showing for any of my key words using the term iPad due to trademark. Funny thing is my ad was running fine with this term "iPad" in my ad for almost 4 years! All we did to our current ad was change our prices on the ad. Its been the same for 4 years! 

So now its has not been running for almost 2 weeks now and our business relies on 95% on this ad running to bring us business. So as you can hopefully understand our business has taken a major hit in not getting orders! 

I've been back and forth with google reps on this issue and the are just giving me the run around! "we'll look into this and get back to you" BS! I'm still in the same boat! 

Our site complies with googles trademark use policy for reseller/informational use. Which makes sense since this ad has been running for 4 years with the term "iPad". 

I just need someone to for reals look into this and get this solved for me. We have gave 4 year of business to google that has cost us $110,000 using google adwords for our business! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords ad Approved Limited Ad not showing due to Trademark Term "iPad"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Maybe You can Try to remove Trademark term from ad and Apply Broad Modifier keyword with Extended ADs (If applicable)

becasue companies now a days are very sensitive to their brand terms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But in doing that will create a low ranked ad and the cost for keywords will increase.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community. I understand that this is a frustrating situation, especially since your ads have been running smoothly for the past four years. Our policies do change from time to time, as does our ad review process, so it is quite common for ads that were previously approved to get flagged for trademark or other issues at a later date.

I've looked into this for you, and it seems that the member of the AdWords Team who you spoke with earlier today is planning to follow up with you to discuss the issue shortly. If for any reason you do not hear back from them in the next day or two, pleas respond back here and I will investigate this for you.

Cassie

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't understand, if a reseller site complies with googles policy for the use of the trademark term "iPad" as they are a reseller of the product "iPad" then why is the ad not showing? This is where I'm confused. From looking up the keyword "iPad Repair" I see many other repair business just like mine using this term "iPad" and as far as I can tell our landing page seems to comply more then the others running approved ads with the trademark term "iPad"

Plus I have another website using the term "iPad" in its ad currently ad is running just fine Approved Limited for the trademark Term "iPad" this is what I can't figure out.

How can that ad be running fine but my other ad be marked as approved limited for the term: iPad and states that the ad is not showing due to the trademark?? When my other ad is running and showing fine?

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi there,

Has the AdWords Team followed up with you regarding the trademark issue? If your ads are not up and running again, please let me know and I'll look into this for you.

Cassie