AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Traffic to Amazon

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'd like to ask if it is possible to use AdWords to drive traffic to Amazon?

I am looking at driving traffic to a specific book page on Amazon.

Is this allowed or against ToCs of AdWords or Amazon.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: AdWords Traffic to Amazon

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello andrio-addy,

It's a pretty debatable topic of using Amazon to advertise on Google Adwords.

Without going into further details, I would straight away refer you to this excellent explanation provided by TC Calin in this thread.

Read his posts in the thread and I am sure you will get your answer Smiley Happy

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi andrio-addy,

I would recommend that you familiarize yourself with Google's URL policy which affects many affiliates, and then browse or search the AdWords Help Center for answers to your AdWords account questions.

Your affiliate company should provide you a unique URL to use as your ad's destination URL. If you have questions about the URL that your affiliate company provided you, or if the URL does not work, please contact that company directly.

Google only display one ad per search query for advertisers sharing the same top-level domain in the display URL. So if you're an affiliate advertiser, your ad may not show for a query because another affiliate or the website that runs the affiliate program also has ads using the same (or a similar) domain in the display URL.

Visit here to know more

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=45068

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=14844

Thanks
Brijesh

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am not an affilate - I have an e-book on Amazon I want to promote through AdWords

BrijeshSharma wrote:

Hi andrio-addy,

I would recommend that you familiarize yourself with Google's URL policy which affects many affiliates, and then browse or search the AdWords Help Center for answers to your AdWords account questions.

Your affiliate company should provide you a unique URL to use as your ad's destination URL. If you have questions about the URL that your affiliate company provided you, or if the URL does not work, please contact that company directly.

Google only display one ad per search query for advertisers sharing the same top-level domain in the display URL. So if you're an affiliate advertiser, your ad may not show for a query because another affiliate or the website that runs the affiliate program also has ads using the same (or a similar) domain in the display URL.

Visit here to know more

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=45068

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=14844

Thanks
Brijesh

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi andrio-addy,

The display URL in your ad must match the domain users will land on when they click on your ad. For example, if the website you're advertising is using the domain "example.com," your ad's display URL must also contain "example.com."

Visit here to know more about Display URL Policy .

Hope it helps!

Thanks
Brijesh

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author andrio-addy
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I just got off the phone with an AdWords representative and he said that Advertisers are not allowed to link directly to Amazon for trademark reasons.

He suggested that I create a landing page with my e-Book listed and a link to buy on Amazon.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Andrio, thanks for asking and taking the time to write your findings. You saved me a lot of time and sure that's the case to co many other