AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Site Policy with Affiliate Links/Bridge Pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been reading the adwords community forum and I can't seem to find a solution to my problem.

I have a website that is locked now for "site policy".

I've review pages like this:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/14844?hl=en

And find that having affiliate links is possible; however I don't know how to reactive my account.  And yes, I have submitted it for re-review but they won't approve it.

The site policy review is guy is very kind and trying to help, but he says that ANY links off the site must land in a shopping cart.

I’ve been doing seo affiliate marketing for 15 years (just started with ppc) and rarely have I found affiliate programs that have links that land in the shopping cart.

A little about my site. http://www.nutrientcor.com

- I have over 150 unique articles that pertain to the landing pages.  It’s a supplement site, so each product page has links to the key ingredients to explain why the product works.

- The product descriptions are unique. There is little wiggle room on this since the FDA has strict policies about what you can say.

- I had a product datafeed of over 150,000 products for price shopping like PriceGrabber, but they made me remove it for “bridge page issues”

- The site has original reviews/ testimonials on some products, but since they are willingly submitted, about 75% of the products don’t have reviews yet.

I want to fix this right.

Anyone out there have a successful long term way to have affiliate programs with AdWords in compliance?

Re-submitting as explained here doesn’t work:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704383

How do you get affiliate links to land in the shopping cart?

I could do product comparisons, but again, the affiliate links don't go to a shopping cart.

Example, if I was to compare the top 3 brands of Omega Supplements, and send the product links to amazon, they will land on the product page.

How do you make money with affiliate programs with AdWords without being a bridge page even though you have unique content?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Site Policy with Affiliate Links/Bridge Pages

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

Well...there are a number of issues here:

First; the site  is in  violation of the bridge page section of the Policy:

•  bridge page, also known as a doorway page, is a webpage created for the main purpose of sending visitors to a different site. Bridge pages can also be sites that drive traffic from AdWords-compliant content to non-compliant content.....Affiliates that display the same characteristics may also be considered bridge pages.

In addition, the products you are promoting violate the "healthcare and medicine" section of the Policy.

You are promoting food supplements  with "cure" / healing claims. Those  types of products, cannot be promoted on Google, irrespectively whether the claims are supported or not;

Thus; my view; even if you were to fix the site, and add  added value, It would not be approved to promote these products.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I think you are trying to be helpful, however this doesn't answer the question. How do you promote affiliate programs with AdWords that isn't a bridge page issue?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Vicky; 
"Affiliates " is a sensitive issue as far as AdWords concerns....Smiley Surprised  There are no general guidelines (except those provided by Google - see below). The only advice I could give is to  have an added value content on your site; Any additional advice should be on a "case by case" review for a specific site;

In your case - my view  - is that the site violates the "ground rules" of AdWords (i.e the Policy) - Hence; you cannot "take part in the game", either under an affiliate program or as "a stand alone" website.

Read more:

What should I know as an affiliate advertiser?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’