AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Notification bugs about Disapprovals ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I had today in a client account a notification about 6 ads being disapproved. I clicked on "Fix it" and it took me to a filtered list of ads in "All online campaigns" but the filtered list had no results. I selected "All ads" to show even the deleted ones and "All time" as a larger time frame, but still the filtered list had no results as if there were no disapproved ads.

Then I checked the "Video campaigns" tab to see that a new video ad (a single ad not 6) was disapproved due to "no http response" because the destination URL was probably not working when google checked it.

So "1 disapproved video ad" can give a false alarm about "6 disapproved ads" in another campaign section, the "all online campaigns". This is a weird bug that I wanted to explain here , in case it helps someone else who reads this thread to avoid a half hour of digging.

Has anyone encountered such false notifications ?

Is there a way to receive the same notification emails in the MCC email , as the client email receives , about disapproved ads ?

wrong-notification.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: AdWords Notification bugs about Disapprovals ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

That is a weird one then.

With regards to setting up notifications from the MCC, this is done under account settings > Notifications on your MCC. Follow the link below for more information:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6027110?hl=en#alert

Another way that comes to mind would be through scripting. You could set up an MCC level script that iterates through the accounts searching for ads with a disapproved status. This could then email you whenever one is found, with all the details you specify.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask for more information if needed.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,

I noticed the same last month also. I didn't get to the bottom of it but after your reminder I'm just wondering whether you have any image ads? I'm just thinking it's possible they wouldn't show under the filter for some reason yet could still be disapproved...

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

This has happened to me before, but it was simply a case of an 'old' notification. After uploading ads that were then disapproved, noticing my error and fixing the ads, the notification was still there. It just needs to be dismissed.

Is it possible that you fixed the reason for the disapproved ads before noticing the notification?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Scotty and Clynton,

No there were no image ads and this account had no disapproved ads , ever. On the policy column, for "All online campaigns" , even for "all time" and "all ads" , there is no indication that a disapproved ad existed.

The only disapproval issue was with that video ad.

I had this just confirmed with a google representative over the chat help feature, he looked in the account and also indicated that the message was triggered by the video ad alone.

I was wondering if you guys know how to setup the MCC to receive the same disapproval notification emails that the client accounts receive, so that I can know the email content too. In this case I was lucky and the client didn't care too much about the notification email so I didn't have much explaining to do. I would have had a hard time explaining that there were no 6 ads disapproved Smiley Happy but only one.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

That is a weird one then.

With regards to setting up notifications from the MCC, this is done under account settings > Notifications on your MCC. Follow the link below for more information:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6027110?hl=en#alert

Another way that comes to mind would be through scripting. You could set up an MCC level script that iterates through the accounts searching for ads with a disapproved status. This could then email you whenever one is found, with all the details you specify.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask for more information if needed.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Great, thank you Clynton.