AdWords
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Audience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I want to try to do an adwords campaign targeting Android Advertising IDs, but when I'm uploading the file I need to choose my app from Google Play or Apple Store. Do you know why? If Google will target my android ids database, why do I need to also select my app?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

AdWords Audience

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mariana B,

Basically the first key step to do should be linking your AdWords account to your Google Play account. Click the cogwheel in the upper right corner of your account and select Linked accounts for that purpose. With this account link, you can automatically track most in-app purchases as conversions and target ads based on whether or not people already have your app.

To cut it short, once you are done, the appropriate remarketing list(s) will appear in your Shared Library for further use. 

Best,

Lakats

AdWords Audience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Lakatos 

Thank you for your answer. However I still don't understand why do we need to give both information when setting up the audiences (our own database + our app). Could you clarify it please?

AdWords Audience

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Mariana B,

>>> ... setting up the audiences (our own database + our app) ... <<<

In your first post you did not mention you would also like to create a Customer Match audience which is a different issue. To come back to the original query, if you wish to target Android Advertising IDs you are advised to follow the steps described on the help page linked-to below. 

***   Create a mobile app users remarketing list   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6359244

And for details of Customer Match targeting, please visit this page:

***   About Customer Match   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6379332

Best,

Lakatos