AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Ad + Trademark Approval Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a quick questions concerning the ad + trademark approval procedure at Google.

I filed a request to advertise on a certain brand term in my ads by filling out the official Google forms.

However three weeks later I still have not heard anything back.

Does Google give me a notice at all?

Shall I just start trying to advertise these terms in my ads?

Thank you all in advance.

Regards, Julia

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords Ad + Trademark Approval Question

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Julia,

The TM approval form is required to be filled by the TM owner, authorizing you (by mentioning your customer ID) to use the term. I'd suggest reading this article (under 'The Process') for a better understanding of the process. I wouldn't recommend using TM terms in the ad text without proper authorization, as it would lead to disapproval.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: AdWords Ad + Trademark Approval Question

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Julia,

When I've requested to use a specific trademarked term, I've received responses, almost immediately like this. I removed the actual term and email. 

Hello,

We've received your authorization request for “Trademarked Terms”. However, we only accept authorization requests directly from the trademark owner or from the contact person listed on the trademark complaint. We're unable to accept licensing agreements in lieu of formal authorization from the trademark owner. We're also unable to accept authorization requests from regional branches or subsidiaries.

To request permission to use the trademark in your account, contact contactemail@email.com, and follow the instructions located at:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en&expand=auth#auth

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Google AdWords Trademark Team

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’