AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Ad won't save, AdWords thinks (incorrectly) my URL violates policy. How do I request exception?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our URL appears to AdWords to be an online pharmacy, so it refuses to even save the ad at all. However, we are NOT an online pharmacy, actually a B2B tech company. Since I can't save an ad, it doesn't go 'into review'. How can I get my URL reviewed, added to an exception list or something like that so I can move ahead building ads?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Ad won't save, AdWords thinks (incorrectly) my URL violates policy. How do I request exception?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Darren,

Often when Google thinks that a url/ad copy may violate a policy, they'll give you a button you can click when you save the ad to request an exception.

If Google isn't providing you with that option, you'll need to reach out to Google support, explain your situation, and ask for their help. You can reach Google support here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206

I hope that helps!

John

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello @Darren M,

I guess you need to email google about it. They will manually review it and then your problem might be solved. 

Regards,

Syed Sayem Mustafa

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Darren

Please share the URL in question

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

sure, it's 

www.pharmagin.com

problem is violation comes up any time I try to create an ad saying "Google policy requires online pharmacies ..." .  But our company is NOT an online pharmacy, and can not get/is not relevant for the related accreditation the violation asks for.

So AFAIK I need Google to add our URL to some sort of exception list so we don't get flagged for this violation.  

thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Clearly an exception is required here.

"However, we are NOT an online pharmacy, actually a B2B tech company."

Saying your company is a tech company and not an online pharmacy is a little misleading though (for the purpose of this conversation). Google "sees" pharma all over your site and blocks it. It's a bot - not a real human looking at (hence the need for the exception).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Um, it's not misleading at all - it's 100% accurate.  We are a tech company, not a pharmacy of any sort.  Of course I understand it's a bot, I know they are easily confused and that is why it was flagged - that's why i started this topic Smiley Happy

So the question remains as it always was - how do I get the necessary exception?  Appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction.  I'm trying to discuss with AdWords support, not sure if the basic CS guys are the right people though, they don't seem very flexible.

thanks a lot

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks,

Any idea of the correct email to contact them on?  I've tried going through AdWords support links, it seems a rabbithole of articles without much actual contact info Smiley Happy